Bravo 1 needed

harmonda

Wow..this section looks dead. But, posting anyway. I got water intrusion in my Bravo 1 on my '94 Baja shooter. Gears look like they went through a shredder inside. I have a line on a 'good' used replacement for $1600. Parts to rebuild the upper alone could be as high as $900 depending on whether there is anything salvageable. that doesn't include renting/buying any mercruiser-specific tools. I think the lower is in better shape but I will at least replace all seals and bearings. That could be another $400-500. So, that $1600 is looking pretty good . I'll just have to go over it and make sure it is holding oil, shifting smooth, etc. Then bolt her up and get back on the water. Thoughts? Anyone have any experience with these or a source for cheaper solution?

$1600 for a good shape bravo 1 is not bad at all...especially if you're wanting to get back on the water quickly! You could always try Jason Kunkel and see if he has one laying around he'd let go for cheap?

1.5 or 1.36 ratio?

-Marc