Used Boat motor? 150-200hp WTB

zeitgeist57

I’m at a Christmas family dinner, talking with a longtime family friend. He’s got a 1982 Sea-ox 20’ pleasure boat, and the 1982 Evinrude motor is finally causing troubles. He loves the boat for sentimental reasons (and he takes care of it) so he’s looking to re-power it.

Does anybody know of a source for a 150- to 200-horsepower outboard motor? Or know of any resources where he can keep an eye out or call someone who sells used boat motors? Thank you!

There used to be a house on Stelzer Rd somewhere between Johnstown Rd and Easton that always had a ton of motors sitting out on stands. Like 20 motors. I assume the guy reconditioned and resold them. Drive down there and look if he is still there. It'll be on the east side of Stelzer rd. Probaby close to Agler Rd if my memory is right.

There used to be a house on Stelzer Rd somewhere between Johnstown Rd and Easton that always had a ton of motors sitting out on stands. Like 20 motors. I assume the guy reconditioned and resold them. Drive down there and look if he is still there. It'll be on the east side of Stelzer rd. Probaby close to Agler Rd if my memory is right.

I don't see as many motors as I did before but I'm pretty sure he still works on them. I think it's the last house before you hit the Big Bird on the right side if you're going north on Steltzer.

Call around to some local marinas. This kind of work is what gets most of them through the winters in Ohio, and often they have used good motors from customers who have upgraded or traded in.

Fisher's marina in Buckeye Lake can likely help. Eddie Fisher and his son have always taken good care of our family's boats over the years.