Boating this year

JaronsToy

With all this going on Is anyone planning a on hitting the water ?

Buy anything new this year ?

Fix the old beast ?

How is Buckeye Lake doing?

Bought this boat at Sizzle before this all happened during delivery they could not even talk to me in person but did make a great video going over the boat

Edited by JaronsToy

Sorry to hear about the job. That's a nice looking boat though.

I was suppose to be on the water this morning, but me and electricity don't play well together. with rain all this week, it will be interesting to see water conditions after this.

I’m also out of a job lol so any lake down south you would recommend?

Norris lake in Tennessee is our go to. Our family has a floating house down there so we make many trips.

Sold our larson boat in the fall, was hoping to pick up a new yamaha ar195 or ar210 but our kitchen renovation went out of control lol. So just using the 90hp pontoon this summer.

Is Buckeye lake really a "no limit" lake? Like, does someone do 80mph rips in their Donzi down there?

Now this has been quite a few years ago but my brother and I used to fish buckeye all the time. I've seen some incredibly fast boats on that lake.

Thanks Joe !

I have always wanted to go to lake Norris in Tennessee might do a few weeks camping there fish and boat all day

Check out springs dock. You can rent a condo right on the water. Pretty close to jump off bridge and many coves to swim in.

Is Buckeye lake really a "no limit" lake? Like, does someone do 80mph rips in their Donzi down there?

Haven't been there in years but I remember as a teen jumping off the side of a pontoon boat and going about knee deep into mud in about 3 feet of water so there's also that.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Definitely will be on the water this year, I have a camp at Lake Cumberland and we ordered a new Yamaha 252SD that should be here anytime now...Once she is in I will be selling my Tahoe Q7.

Now with gas prices at probably $7 a gallon on the water I am not sure how much boating compared to floating we will be doing!

• Upvote 1

Be putting in my Pontoon in pontoon in down in Waterford on the Muskingum River once I clean up all the Logs, And the suicidal flat bottom row boat with an antique outboard

9C3C76DF-CE20-47D9-8D24-A91973E675F5.jpeg

F2718D87-12F8-4FA0-A0E5-77B3C3E337D4.jpeg

Edited by marlboro man
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m gonna take this boat up Wolf creek Off the Muskingum River to a Place called dog patch  Letting her drift on top of 150yr old bridge pillar Remodeling it & Calling it———(the Irish drifted☘️)

ACBE1C6F-D66D-4363-88DB-912CBA87C1FF.jpeg

Edited by marlboro man
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, marlboro man said:

I’m gonna take this boat up Wolf creek Off the Muskingum River to a Place called dog patch  Letting her drift on top of 150yr old bridge pillar Remodeling it & Calling it———(the Irish drifted☘️)

ACBE1C6F-D66D-4363-88DB-912CBA87C1FF.jpeg

Aka kick ass motorcycle Airbnb!  

On 3/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, coltboostin said:

80 will have you no where near the fastest boats on Buckeye. There's 100+mph boats there.  Hell theres several 900HP pontoons there that run 70

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 9:50 PM, motocat12 said:

looking for places to float mine down south this year.

Andrea's World Reviews: Father's Day Gift Guide - Field & Stream Blade Kayak

I've been thinking about buying some kayaks. Took the kids last weekend and they loved it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Casper said:

I've been thinking about buying some kayaks. Took the kids last weekend and they loved it. 

I’ve been eyeballing a couple tandems but people sure are proud of them.