Circleville Cruises (Take Back the Strip)

Otis Nice

I dunno if anyone will be interested or not but I thought I'd share. I made a couple posts in the "what did you see today thread" about this event last month but it appears this is going to become a "thing" and seeing a CBro or 2 post on the FB group page now, the page itself grow to 3k members in about a month, the posts from folks getting all kinds of rides from lowriders, hotrods, classics, modern muscle, lifted Jeeps, bikes, etc, ready to go, and what not I thought maybe some other folks here might be interested.

A little over a month ago a fella decided to start up "take back the strip". For those of you that weren't privy to cruising the meh town of Cville from the 90's-TF&TF era it use to be a BIG thing every weekend night. Lot of cruisers, folks parked up and down the strip, etc. Well, he wanted to see that again amidst the shutdown and what not so he made an event on FB, it spread like wildfire, and went down in an amazing fashion. The turn out was more than he or anyone else expected. It was insane...in a good way. All types of vehicles, folks hanging out along the strip in their cars, the bed of trucks, etc, and families just enjoying the show. No incidents. No fuss. No problems. The police and city were on board and although aware they weren't expecting the turnout and even with the occasional tool acting a fool they let things ride and everyone had a great time.

It's happening again tomorrow (or today, 5/2/2020) from 6pm to 10pm...ish. On the page you can see the suggested route. It quickly became a great thing as local businesses and food trucks are opening up, a food drive is being done, and what not. I think it's great that after 1 event they've looked at ways to use it to help others.

So, that's it. Come out in the trailer queen (if street legal obv), the DD, the fun car, the classic, the show car, on the bike, whatever. Last month I saw an OG TV series Batmobile even. I think this will be happening on the regular from this point forward but time will tell. Just wanted to offer something for like-minded car folks looking to cruise (slowly. Like....REALLY slowly) and see some different rides and enjoy being out and about.

Pics from the first event.

See ya there, provided I can get one of these old jalopies to fire up.

Text me or holler if you see me. I'm gonna walk down with the fam and grab a bite from Taesty's food truck. Decided I didn't want to shift EllIIot all night again. :lol:

Honestly, after how crazy it was last month, I kinda want to see how things go tonight. They've worked with the city to set up a route and have donation sites at each end of town for canned goods but everything I've seen on the FB page tells me it's gonna be MANY more cars than the thousand or so last month. I'mma be a spectater this go 'round.

There was a final ride set up for a 75 year old biker with terminal cancer. His son made an event. I have seen reports that somewhere around 2k-5k bikes showed up.

...it's gonna be insane.

Very cool that something like this is going on. I had family/project plans yesterday but if they do it again I’ll try to make it out with my son. :thumbup:

It's going to be the first Saturday of every month they're saying. Lot of kids/fans out.

I ended up getting stopped in Clarksburg while the bike ride was passing through, so I bypassed and went north to US 22 and headed east to Circleville, only to hit the same 1500 bikes turning towards Circleville, too. :dumb:

I drove around the loop twice, stopped at Taesty's food truck, as recommended. Lots of fun cars and the crowd was pretty friendly. Not a CR meet, but a good warm-up for one. And it was perfect weather for having the top down.

I had the wagyu sliders. One was pretty good, one was well-done (not my taste). Very reasonable for food truck fare. They had a pretty reasonable social distancing set-up for a food truck in a crowded event.

I took the AMG GTc drop top -- not really a crowd pleaser, but it's what I had handy. If I'd taken a JDM, I would've spent most of the evening answering questions.

Understandable.

I kinda like the Wagyu sliders but their pork is better IMO. I love their wings but they're hard to eat while driving and can make a mess.

Next time I'll have to coordinate with ya on what you're driving sooner so I can at least wave or something. :)