College Football Thread 2021

RedRocket1647545505

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This saga is far from over yet. Some official announcements should be coming later today from the BIG, OSU, and DeWine. OSU's new president, AD, and coach are working their butts off to make something happen.

I want the Buckeyes to play, but I don't see how a one-sided fight works here. It's the same argument I see with parents trying to get their kids back to school: it's not the students that get people worried, it's the support staff, teachers, coaches, crowds, etc that are older and immuno-compromised.

It's not death that stops schools from making money in NCAA sports: it's Reputational Risk...the fear of getting sued by the family if an aunt or uncle dies as a result of that school exposing them to COVID.

I want the Buckeyes to play, but I don't see how a one-sided fight works here. It's the same argument I see with parents trying to get their kids back to school: it's not the students that get people worried, it's the support staff, teachers, coaches, crowds, etc that are older and immuno-compromised.

It's not death that stops schools from making money in NCAA sports: it's Reputational Risk...the fear of getting sued by the family if an aunt or uncle dies as a result of that school exposing them to COVID.

Eh, now you're starting to get political, and I really don't want to do that. Announcements should be coming soon. I can't see anyone being forced to go to a game if they are afraid to do so for any reason, employees included.

Eh, now you're starting to get political, and I really don't want to do that. Announcements should be coming soon. I can't see anyone being forced to go to a game if they are afraid to do so for any reason, employees included.

My bad...if I sounded political it's definitely due to arguments about in-person vs online schooling for kids.

Just a mess all around.

Unreal

It's not over yet, OSU is still exploring other options. That said, this will set the Big Ten back a very long time with recruits and on-field results. Especially with the modern transfer portal. If any other conference is allowed to play this season.

How fucking dumb will the big 10 look when big 12, Acc and sec all play seasons.

Will they retract their cancelation?

Any conference that plays this season will reap a HUGE harvest of talent, and therefore on-field results and money, and more talent, and so on. It will affect the cfb landscape for years to come. BIG won't retract anything, it's done. The BIG's only hope is that no other conference plays this season.

I can tell you the BIG has been getting hammered online and OSU flooded with pissed off ticket holders and fans. Even though OSU wanted to play.