Bad tire

2 Sweet

Cooper did have a recall a little while back , not sure the age on yours are but I would contact the shop that installed them and see if there is anything they can do to look into it / help you out

Not on this list but could be similar symptoms

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/articles/19963-cooper-recalls-24-459-tires-for-potential-cord-distortion

Thanks for the links Steve and Brian. My specific tire isn't listed on there and it's a few years old now so I'm probably shit out of luck, but I'll see what I can find out

Bad tire. Nobody would slash a tire on the tread.

Very true. I just assumed the person was a complete twat and didn't know what they were doing lol. I've never seen a tire come apart on its own like this

FWIW if you have tires used or new and go to discount tire for a inspection. I believe they just make sure there is no damage already and they are like above 8/32 or something you can add a warranty that covers road hazard for only $15 a tire.

After running over 3 nails in a month I’d say I got my monies worth in replacement tires through this program . After buying my Cummins and seeing each tire was $150 each it was a no brainer that for $60 I’m covered for practically anything

manufacturer defects are covered for the life of the tire. if you know who you got them from go back there. if not call cooper and tell them you have a issues with a tire separating at the tread.
What do you know about tires, you're a bbq guy!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk