What basic daily you driving ?

STEVE-O

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want an automatic, get another GTP or some other GM car with a 3800. And honestly as much as I loved my GTPs, I think I liked my Park Avenue Ultra even more.

My current daily drivers are an '05 Scion XB and an '89 Chevrolet K1500. Both stick shift. Both are awesome and fit the criteria for a dirt cheap simplistic beater.

'05 Legacy, low mile JDM engine with headgaskets fixed

Oh and heated leather seats

and 5mt

slow as shit but who cares. 30 mpg with awd is cool and im only in it maybe $1400?

Had one but auto .. ended up selling it for what I had in it to my gf so she could get rid of her edge and the payment a couple months ago

My daily is nothing special, but it's paid for and gets good gas mileage. '96 Honda Civic 5 speed. 26x,000 mile and still going. Just had to put a new valve cover gasket, radiator, and battery in it. Did a new gas tank last winter because the old one rusted out. I'll keep rocking it until the body falls apart probably.

My daily is nothing special, but it's paid for and gets good gas mileage. '96 Honda Civic 5 speed. 26x,000 mile and still going. Just had to put a new valve cover gasket, radiator, and battery in it. Did a new gas tank last winter because the old one rusted out. I'll keep rocking it until the body falls apart probably.

What's the breaking point on old cars with high miles? I have a 05 TL with 275k on it. needs struts, brakes, has a PS leak(the rack) and a minor oil leak. Just not sure when the nickels and dimes add up to a monthly car payment

What's the breaking point on old cars with high miles? I have a 05 TL with 275k on it. needs struts, brakes, has a PS leak(the rack) and a minor oil leak. Just not sure when the nickels and dimes add up to a monthly car payment

As cheap as I can get work done at school it's pennies and nickels instead of nickels and dimes. For me I assume when the subframe rusts apart, or the engine blows up. As long as it's not stranding me anywhere I'll keep driving it.

If you want an automatic, get another GTP or some other GM car with a 3800. And honestly as much as I loved my GTPs, I think I liked my Park Avenue Ultra even more.

My current daily drivers are an '05 Scion XB and an '89 Chevrolet K1500. Both stick shift. Both are awesome and fit the criteria for a dirt cheap simplistic beater.

I had a 03 Bonneville SSIE for about 2 years when I first moved to Phx in 2010 before getting my Volt. Super comfy cruiser until the transmission started to slip. I think I got just about 30mpg highway.

I miss Pontiac.

Going through the long list of cars I have owned has me not excited

Been tossing around a volt , civic , sonata etc

So do you want to be EXCITED about what you are driving, or drive around an appliance? Either is OK, just looking for clarification. ;)

But honeslty an NA 2006+ BMW 3 or 5 series is fun, looks great, has 4 doors, and is totaly bulletproof. If you can find a crack head deal on a turbo car, do it! But expect a heavier matinance schelue.

For example, there is Zero Chance I coose a 2013 Collora over a 2008 328i for 5K. ZERO. Life is just too short to drive boring shit amigo!

So do you want to be EXCITED about what you are driving, or drive around an appliance? Either is OK, just looking for clarification. ;)

But honeslty an NA 2006+ BMW 3 or 5 series is fun, looks great, has 4 doors, and is totaly bulletproof. If you can find a crack head deal on a turbo car, do it! But expect a heavier matinance schelue.

For example, there is Zero Chance I coose a 2013 Collora over a 2008 328i for 5K. ZERO. Life is just too short to drive boring shit amigo!

yes sorry excited as in there is not 1 specific I am searching out. I am open to basic and reliable.

My 535 wagon is great but Im over it after 2 years of ownership ( for my that is a pretty long time)

I honestly would not mind a gen 1 ctsv again it checks every box except awd that I would want.

I found that no matter what BMW it is they all have cooling system issues and oil leaks. My B6 2.0t A4 was great as well never had a issue and only sold it when my buddies car got totaled and at the time I had 3 vehicles and only drove like 5 miles to work so between my truck and 911 I didnt mind selling it to help a friend out.

can't imagine driving some boring non-sporty car, let alone daily. might as well take a taxi.

Ooh! Great idea! Didn't even think of that! A P71 Crown Vic Police Interceptor!

Dead on balls reliable and enough room to haul anyone and anything. Get one with a push bar and folks typically just change lanes to get out of your way. I miss mine.

I've got an 05 Grand Prix that I've done little more than basic maintenance (had a couple coils go bad and an idler pulley lock up) in the last 50k miles. I'm working on picking up an 05 S4 to replace it because I want something less boring that I can shift myself. If auto and boring is okay with you, any gm 3800 will run damn near forever.

I've got an 05 Grand Prix that I've done little more than basic maintenance (had a couple coils go bad and an idler pulley lock up) in the last 50k miles. I'm working on picking up an 05 S4 to replace it because I want something less boring that I can shift myself. If auto and boring is okay with you, any gm 3800 will run damn near forever.

If I could find a 99-03 that was not a rusted pile at this point I’m all game again for a w body. My 98 gtp was a amazing daily and very comfortable

2005 s4 timing chain kills any interest of mine to daily one again

I have 2 DDs an 11 maxima which get on average about 23mpgs is fairly quick and looks nice but the vehicle i love is my 02 escalade...irts the 6 liter awd..it's got about 110k on it .

I've done the brakes and all fluids the only thing outside the lines were the cats.

The funny thing is in 02 it was the most powerful suv on the market..look it up

Fuel efficient hell no but it rides really nice and for a big vehicle handles pretty well.

I use it to haul my rescues but again it's a nice hauler.

Going to check out a hybrid civic tomorrow , batteries were replaced but they are 7 years old now . Only has 120k on the clock however we shall see

Had one. It was the single most boring appliance with wheels I have ever had titled in my name.

Have you come o your senses yet? ;)

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=553859556&zip=44070&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D44070%26city%3DNorth%2BOlmsted%26startYear%3D2005%26maxMileage%3D100000%26incremental%3Dall%26seriesCodeList%3D3_SERIES%252C5_SERIES%26makeCodeList%3DBMW%26listingTypes%3DUSED%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26location%3D%255Bobject%2BObject%255D%26state%3DOH%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Dinclude%26searchRadius%3D200%26isNewSearch%3Dfalse&listingTypes=USED&startYear=2005&numRecords=25&seriesCodeList=3_SERIES%2C5_SERIES&firstRecord=0&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=BMW&modelCode1=328IXD&clickType=listing

4 Door, AWD, It needs a front bumper. Go offer them 4K cash, toss on a paint matched M3 bumper for $400 and laugh at the guy spun out in his civic while you are blasting down 270 with the seat heaters on sipping Starbucks. :p

Going through the long list of cars I have owned has me not excited for much in the realm of say $5,000 or under daily drivers..

Been tossing around a volt , civic , sonata etc

Something just basic , good mpg, low maintenance cost .

What are some of the best no frill vehicles you have daily driven and just rack the miles up changing oil ,brakes and tires

I gotchu.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=563073228&zip=43015&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D43015%26city%3DDelaware%26maxMileage%3D150000%26incremental%3Dall%26transmissionCodes%3DMAN%26sortBy%3DmileageASC%26location%3D%255Bobject%2BObject%255D%26maxPrice%3D5500%26state%3DOH%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Dinclude%26searchRadius%3D200%26isNewSearch%3Dfalse&numRecords=25&maxPrice=5500&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=ESCO&clickType=listing