Local Lift Retailers/Installers

Miller

I bought my 2 post and had it installed from Renagade in Johnstown (https://www.renegadelift.net/). Only issue I've had was the tank seam seaping, he replaced it for free.

I installed my 4 post myself (bought used), wasn't bad just a couple extra sets of hands getting it raised and connected.

Edited by PsychoticGaming

What made you decide to go with a 4 post vs 2 post? I'm asking because I'm having a garage built next month and plan on getting a lift fairly soon after. I've been trying to decide which would be the better option.

What made you decide to go with a 4 post vs 2 post? I'm asking because I'm having a garage built next month and plan on getting a lift fairly soon after. I've been trying to decide which would be the better option.
2 post hands down if you're only getting 1 lift. The 4 post is great for oil changes, trans swap, exhaust, ect but a pain even with a lift jack with the ramp in the way for wheel/suspension work.

Working on my race car and keeping them all inside. I have a 3 car garage and 4 cars to keep out of the elements. I know the 4 post is more cumbersome for tire changes and suspension work but it's the answer for my situation and is very speedy for basic maintenance as mentioned above.

I have no experience with them, but Jay Leno uses these Stertil-Koni, mobile lifts. Seems like a way better option than a drive on 4 post. no idea about the cost though. It can pick up the car by the wheels or by the frame, seems like the best of both worlds.

https://stertil-koni.com/vehicle-lifts/mobile-column-lifts/mobile-column-lifts#specifications

I have no experience with them, but Jay Leno uses these Stertil-Koni, mobile lifts. Seems like a way better option than a drive on 4 post. no idea about the cost though. It can pick up the car by the wheels or by the frame, seems like the best of both worlds.

https://stertil-koni.com/vehicle-lifts/mobile-column-lifts/mobile-column-lifts#specifications

I would bet the starting point on these is around $15K.

I will be building a larger garage at some point and putting a lift in so this has been in the back of my mind for a while.

Does anyone have any thoughts on 2 post for working on the car, with wheel engaging adapters for (winter) storage? This is the best idea I can imagine for a solution that works well for working on the car, as well as storage. But I'm definitely open to others thoughts, especially those with more experience than me!

Working on my race car and keeping them all inside. I have a 3 car garage and 4 cars to keep out of the elements. I know the 4 post is more cumbersome for tire changes and suspension work but it's the answer for my situation and is very speedy for basic maintenance as mentioned above.

From what I've read, the 4 post lifts provide less clearance underneath to be able to do much work. What is your thought and experience with this compared to a 2 post lift? You said you want the 4 post to work on the race car. If so, how much work will you actually be able to do?

I am shopping 4 post lifts as well. Waiting for the new garage doors to be installed in 2 weeks then plan to order. Concerned that the concrete floor won’t handle the 2 post due to some cracking. Older floor and I don’t plan to repair/replace it. 4 post will allow me to store stacked cars and provide plenty of room to work underneath.

From what I've read, the 4 post lifts provide less clearance underneath to be able to do much work. What is your thought and experience with this compared to a 2 post lift? You said you want the 4 post to work on the race car. If so, how much work will you actually be able to do?

I can still do everything. Drop the engine out the bottom, remove rear and transmission. As long as you have a sliding jack and creativity, it’s all doable. The 2 post is more convenient but lacks the ability for long time storage.

I can still do everything. Drop the engine out the bottom, remove rear and transmission. As long as you have a sliding jack and creativity, it’s all doable. The 2 post is more convenient but lacks the ability for long time storage.

Good to know. I'm not sure how involved I'll get into doing work like that. In the short term, I'll mostly be doing oil changes, brakes, tire rotations, basic maintenance, etc. I don't know if the posts will be too much in the way with doing brake/suspension type work.

My issue right now is that I don't know exactly where I'll put the lift and I don't want to pay extra to have the entire floor poured with 6" of concrete. I'm already over budget on this garage as it is. With the 4 post, it doesn't HAVE to be secured to the floor, so I could move it if I don't like where it's at or if I want to change things around.

Too many options and not enough money.

I ordered my lift about a year ago from https://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/

With a friend assembly was fairly easy.

This is where I bought mine 4 years ago... me and a buddy put it together no problem... it was heavy as sin but was absolutely do-able with 2 people.

I do everything with my 4 post minus pull a motor out of the bottom (I might be able to, just have never tried)

4 posts are great for most DIY activities for average DIY-ers. I am also going to be installing lifts, but for me 4 posts are for storage and 2 posts are for work.

I personally hate working on cars on a 4 post, it's totally do-able, it's just way easier on a 2.

Nice thing about a 4 post is there is typically less concrete requirements and they are relatively easy to install with some friends.