Amazon Prime deals - smart TV's?

zeitgeist57

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CR, throw down...please show me your recommended TVs for a steal on Amazon Prime Day.

We have a free 55" TV in our basement that's pretty old, and it's experiencing a motherboard issue that kills the screen after it's been powered up for a bit.

Wait for Black Friday. Got my 65" smart Roku TV for $300 last year. LOVE Roku now that we have it. Never use chromecast or fire TV anymore.

If you are getting a next gen console, LG CX or bust. But the prices will be coming down a few hundred bucks on Oct. 28th.

Here are some options right NOW though:

Best all-round, especially for gaming features. Excellent for movies, too. Top notch picture quality, LG CX OLED: https://www.amazon.com/LG-OLED55CXPUA-Alexa-Built-Ultra/dp/B0829RYP8V

Great for movie watching, won't be great at next gen games though. Top notch picture quality like the LG OLED above (same panel made by LG):

Sony A8 or A9: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-A8H-65-Inch-Compatibility/dp/B084KQFNBX/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=sony%2Ba9g&qid=1602707232&sr=8-4&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR-65A9G-Definition-Additional-Coverage/dp/B08HW1V4TY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=sony%2Ba9g&qid=1602707353&sr=8-1-spons&smid=A2K7RN1DSQCI9O&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMkFGME1LSlVPQU9GJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjA4NTYzOUdGQzlTR09ONUdGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2ODQwODMyQkEzMDczS1ExSUpUJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Pretty good QLED for gaming: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0851PK789/ref=twister_B08HS35NCZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap and decent: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0885F5GMP?tag=edit-tech-round-up-20&ascsubtag=03spzpAoCLvEOne0JXdBGi2

Edited by BuckeyeROC

Second the Sony for quality. We have Samsung TV's all over the house and I have zero complaints about them, but our A9 master series blows them out of the water. Picture is amazing and the sound is awesome for a tv. You can also wire it up as your center channel.

Unless you're just looking for cheapest possible (sometimes the case) I have learned to avoid black friday "specials". If it's a lower price on an existing model, that's fine, but they produce special models with cheaper/inferior parts for the sales each year. I've returned two and spent more because they stunk.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

and it's experiencing a motherboard issue that kills the screen after it's been powered up for a bit.

Does it blink on and off, or just plain die? If the former, could be the cap on the power converter board. I've replaced a bunch of those on computer panels over the past few years.

+ 1 For TCL TV's. Got our 65" last year for $600 out the door. Amazing TV so far.

Yep we snagged a 4 series 65" from walmart a few months ago for $428. It's been great. I'm sure it's nothing compared to a $1000 model but for movies and ps4 it's great.

Color wise, Sony has the widest gamut and most true color overall. We have two of their best units and even though they are 1080P models from years ago they still are amazing overall.

Following this thread as this Christmas is my move to put an 70-80" bad-boy in our lower level.

+ 1 For TCL TV's. Got our 65" last year for $600 out the door. Amazing TV so far.

Those are $420 reg price at WalMart right now (or they were 2 weeks ago.

After reading the reviews, bought one. Likes it so much I bought another lol. Roku is great. TCL TV itself is great. 4k picture is legit even when streaming.

Thanks a ton for the responses, guys.

Wifey found a Samsung 50in UN50TU8000FXZA for less than $400. Haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. Will definitely be wary of Black Friday.

What you gonna do with that old one?

Depends on what/when we get a new one :D

If you are getting a next gen console, LG CX or bust. But the prices will be coming down a few hundred bucks on Oct. 28th.

Here are some options right NOW though:

Cheap and decent: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0885F5GMP?tag=edit-tech-round-up-20&ascsubtag=03spzpAoCLvEOne0JXdBGi2

This is the basement TV, for now it will likely see Xbox gaming from my 9-yo son. He's addicted to Forza Horizon. Doesn't need to be 55", can go down or up...although I'll need to double-check how large we can go with the wall-mount bracketry. Thanks for the link...I think we were eyeballing that one as well.

Does it blink on and off, or just plain die? If the former, could be the cap on the power converter board. I've replaced a bunch of those on computer panels over the past few years.

It actually goes all green, or striations of different color. Seems like a signal problem, but it happens no matter what the input. It was a free TV doe.

Honestly didn't think of swapping out the living room screen to the basement, and get a better one for there. I use that screen for movie watching...would be nice to have a better picture and possibly sound. We have Samsung smartscreens that are now 5-7 years old. Have been great performers.

Honestly didn't think of swapping out the living room screen to the basement, and get a better one for there. I use that screen for movie watching...would be nice to have a better picture and possibly sound. We have Samsung smartscreens that are now 5-7 years old. Have been great performers.

:fuckyeah:

Dont plan on built in speakers having good sound. no matter what it will be tinny and muddy and be overall just adequate.

When we moved back in the house I picked up a 50" LED TCL Roku for around $225 on Amazon for the upstairs and put this sound bar on it. It sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Like Gerg said above, the TCL has all the stuff built into it. Amazon, Sling, Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Roku channels (100 channels for free, just sign up using an email). Don't need a second remote now with my Firestick anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBZ9DS5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the basement I picked up a 65" 4K TCL Roku TV for arond $450ish at Best Buy back in May.

You should install a 77" tv in that Lincoln.

:lol: I'm just gonna pop the hood and get a projector.

... enters the room. I'm the cheap guy that buys 5 year old tech for 15% the cost of new. I'm years behind, but it's still "new" to me. Our most recent tv is a 55", and since it was ONLY 1080, was $199.

Same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like my TCL but the motion blur is pretty bad. Makes me want to step up to a OLED.

Careful, once you do everything else just looks terrible. when I was looking to buy a TV for my mancave I looked at the cheaper options then I eventually found the same LG OLED I had upstairs used for a decent deal so I went with that.

I like my TCL but the motion blur is pretty bad. Makes me want to step up to a OLED.

I've never had problems with TCLs and blur, might be a software setting?

As much as I *do* hate on china, TCL is a brand that really is a monster step above the rest in their price range.

Still waiting to see if they push their new TVs with a monochromatic LCD behind the color LCD, which would be used for local zone dimming.