Amazon Prime deals - smart TV's?

zeitgeist57

We have both a Samsung and a TCL. The Samsung (high end model) has had issues with the network card disconnecting at random, which can only be reset by either wiping network settings or disconnecting the TV from the wall for several minutes. We got around it by connecting an apple TV so we basically use the TV as a monitor with any network functions disabled. The TCL has never had a single problem.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slight thread hijack: How many HDMI jacks do the TCL TV's have?

I'm looking for a second TV, 50" screen (because that's what fits the cabinet in my loft) and need to connect a PS3, DVD player, and VHS player if possible. Our old Samsung from 2010 accommodated all those things easily, but the brand new Samsung I got only has 2 HDMI ports and no av jacks at all.

Any recommendations for a 50" that can handle some old ass tech?

I'm looking for a second TV, 50" screen (because that's what fits the cabinet in my loft) and need to connect a PS3, DVD player, and VHS player if possible. Our old Samsung from 2010 accommodated all those things easily, but the brand new Samsung I got only has 2 HDMI ports and no av jacks at all.

My 50” 5 series has 3. You could get an AVR with ARC and run everything through it.

My 65" 4 series has 3 as well. One ARC hdmi.

Model is the 65s421

+Eleventy for TCL w/Roku, we love ours. I was 'waiting' for OLED to come down enough in price, but then our not so old POS Samsung died. That was the second Samsung we've had that died entirely too early. So I got the TCL, thinking it would just be an inexpensive stop gap until I felt good about OLED prices. But, I'd be happy with OLED prices now and I have no want to buy one because the TCL is more than good enough. The built in Roku w/RF remote is probably the easiest way to consume streaming TV. If I had to make the decision now, I would definitely spend some more and get some higher end OLED. But if you want the best bang for your buck, or especially for a secondary TV, these things are hard to beat.

Agree with all points Jesse. We only bought the Samsung because it's in our home theater room and I wanted the better picture that QLED provided. There definitely IS a difference, and I'm glad we spent the extra money specifically for that room. But for our other rooms the quality doesn't matter so much so we went lower end with no regrets.

Home Theater Model

As with the others who have replied, three on all the ones we've owned as well.

Also, why are you connecting a PS3 AND a DVD player? Doesn't the PS3 play DVD's?

LG CX OLED going on sale at costco on 10/28 w/3 year extended warranty

65" - $1849

https://slickdeals.net/f/14447630-costco-77-lg-cx-oled-plus-3-year-additional-warranty-for-3-449-99-3449-99?src=SiteSearch

Lowest price on Amazon per Camels is right now at $2269. At least I assume this is the same one, I don't know LGs naming conventions.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/search?sq=lg+cx+65%22

I've no image of what prices around Black Friday or after will look like.

As with the others who have replied, three on all the ones we've owned as well.

Also, why are you connecting a PS3 AND a DVD player? Doesn't the PS3 play DVD's?

it does, but the kid and wife know how to work a dvd player and they just want to put a disc in and have it play, not navigate menus with a game controller.

Cancelled my order for the new Yamaha receiver. In short, NO 2020 AV receivers will actually handle HDMI 2.1 now:

https://www.avforums.com/news/denon-marantz-and-yamaha-av-receivers-hit-by-hdmi-2-1-bug.18125

Still picking up an LG CX on Oct. 28.

ive got a B7 Oled and Im considering a Cx as well.

Cancelled my order for the new Yamaha receiver. In short, NO 2020 AV receivers will actually handle HDMI 2.1 now:

https://www.avforums.com/news/denon-marantz-and-yamaha-av-receivers-hit-by-hdmi-2-1-bug.18125

Still picking up an LG CX on Oct. 28.

Which Yamaha, what price point?

Do you really 'need' HDMI 2.1, are you a gamer?

The Denon's (3600 or newer, 4500 or newer) have tested really well lately on https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php

I'm planning a 5.x.x (probably 5.2.4) setup now and will probably go with the 4500 since I have want for 2 additional stereo zones. Maybe the 3600/3700 since I'm probably OK with doing just 1 zone in both other spaces.

But to get into that size chassis/architecture it's ~$1k and up so it really depends on how much you are wanting to spend.

Which Yamaha, what price point?

Do you really 'need' HDMI 2.1, are you a gamer?

The Denon's (3600 or newer, 4500 or newer) have tested really well lately on https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php

I'm planning a 5.x.x (probably 5.2.4) setup now and will probably go with the 4500 since I have want for 2 additional stereo zones. Maybe the 3600/3700 since I'm probably OK with doing just 1 zone in both other spaces.

I had the Yamaha RX-V6A pre-ordered. I just wrote a little book in chat if you want to see more info. I want to future proof for 4k120, even if the initial games on the new consoles will be 4k60. I don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars on the audio side of it when I can wait for products that'll work next year.

Edited by BuckeyeROC

I had the Yamaha RX-V6A pre-ordered. I just wrote a little book in chat if you want to see more info. I want to future proof for 4k120, even if the initial games on the new consoles will be 4k60. I don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars on the audio side of it when I can wait for products that'll work next year.

Denon 3600 for $800 new

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-pdtrY4q0qU6/p_033AVX3600/Denon-AVR-X3600H-2019-model.htm

It seems like the lowest price it's been, but especially since COVID hosed all of the supply chains and increased demand.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07RR6WQBW?context=search&active=new

But if you already have something, and are just waiting for HDMI 2.1, it definitely makes sense to wait for a new one that actually works.

...that's pretty good. Almost makes me want to buy it even though I don't need it. I have a 55" Hisense in The Kilns. It's not new and flashy or the highest def but it is, like, 6 years old and still works great.