2020 car goals??

cstmg8

The thread from January is locked for some reason, so who was able to complete their goals this strange year?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecolumbusracing%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D130029&share_tid=130029&share_fid=42687&share_type=t&link_source=app

I didn't get any of mine completed, but did get a good start, mostly held up by this never ending shop build. Hopefully I'll spend 2021 dressing out the new shop and existing garage, and catch up on my automotive goals.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah. Went 11.7 in the Fiero but it was after I put it on E85. I was hoping to do it on 93 but the best I got was 12.018 a year or so ago. Next year/over the winter? Add Air Conditioning back to the car and just enjoy it. No other major mods will be done for the foreseeable future.

Renovate the RV, and fix up the '75 CJ7 for tow duties....with COVID causing the kids' schooling to be remote through this summer, and I'm WFH, we're planning on taking long weekends when the weather warms up to travel as a family.

I do want to take the Volvo on more AutoX and spirited drives. :thumbup:

Renovate the RV, and fix up the '75 CJ7 for tow duties....with COVID causing the kids' schooling to be remote through this summer, and I'm WFH, we're planning on taking long weekends when the weather warms up to travel as a family.

I do want to take the Volvo on more AutoX and spirited drives. :thumbup:

That's a lot to accomplish by the end of 2020. Good luck! :thumbup:

My goals were pretty well accomplished given the year we've had.

Plenty of burnouts in the truck happened. Got to run it down the 1/4 mile at Marion and through the twisties on Rte 555.

The A3 was upgraded to the TT-S. It got the normal upgrades of a downpipe and intake. Tunes for the engine, trans and diff. Wheels and tires to remove the terrible riding 20's.

The BRZ didn't make any track events because it was put back to stock and sold to Carvana for dumb money.

I had no idea I would own an E30 at this point, but here we are. I guess that means everything I own now is/will be turbocharged.... Not a bad situation to be in.

MR2 - Drive it - Maybe reupholster a set of Recaro's I bought for it

Talon - Make it run on all the cylinders, run a brake line, start cleaning the interior up

RX7 - Watch for miscellaneous parts for LS swap - not in a hurry

911 - Figure out if the motor is hurt badly enough to warrant a engine pull to repair

Gemini Formula Ford - Oil change, alignment, tidy some wiring, carb tuning

Sell the Golf, replace the wifes daily with something newer

Yes, I have too much going on as usual

MR2 - the seat thing fell through, still on the list.

Talon - didn't touch it much, tried to sell it

RX7 - Sold it, but did find all the LS swap stuff and resold it.

911- Yes the motor is hurt, it comes out in 2 weeks for rebuild

Gemini - Did all of it, didn't drive it except for around the block. Will likely be selling it.

Still have the wife's R, it is for sale.

I had zero plans at the beginning of the year, and was entirely burnt out on the project. Now that ammunition prices are far in left field, the car has taken priority again.

I have no set plans, deadlines, etc. I'll continue to take bites from the whale and see how far that gets me, all while continuing to document the processes of building it and constructing different parts on YouTube. I have no idea if 2021 will be the year for it to finally run again, and frankly don't care. I finally feel a bit of the drive I had for it years ago, and it's nice to look at the car through rose colored glasses again, even if they're a bit smudged nowadays.

Ended up running over a small Boulder, coming around a blind corner. Smacked the oil filter, which lead to bearing damage. This was only supposed to be a fun canyon carver. I’ve been trying to secure an EVO 5 or 6, to build into a track car, but deals keeping falling through overseas. So, I’m just going to build this. Plan on doing as many track days as possible, and entering my first hill climb for 2021.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1589/13754861/24767986/414496794.jpg

My goal was to get a 6th gen Camaro, and I was in serious talks to buy a '20 SS 1LE in Rally Green, buuuuut then divorce kind of got in the way :lol:

Although I did manage to buy one of my dream cars (really nice short bed squarebody pickup) so it's not all bad :cool:

I’m happy with what I did this year. The Firehawk got a new 9 inch with 4:11’s. Then I had the front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts repainted after 20 years and 90k+ miles.

I replaced the tank, fuel pump, sending unit etc in the 89 formula and it seems to be doing better.

For 2021, I have new set of TSP heads and cam for the Firehawk. I really want to work on the 89’s paint this year. It has 30 years of rubbing on it and needs the paint corrected.