What happened to gearhead rob?

AWW$HEEET

He seemed alright but crazy at first, then he was dating that one crazy chick, their crazies crossed up and things went to shit. Example, I offered to help them spruce up their website which looked like a Geocities page for free, just cause he helped out a lot of people on here who were broke. They told me literally to "go piss up a rope", and accused me of "going to their shop and eating all their food" when I had literally only been there once with Alex L and there wasn't food. I tried reasoning with them, fell on deaf ears. There was a lot of calling me "fat ass" and shit like that, really juvenile stuff but I was in a pretty dark place at the time and that didn't help.

Then I hear about some sketchy shit like taking CEL bulbs out to 'clear codes'.

Last I heard his name was a few months ago from a guy on a Facebook drag racing chassis group dedicated to warning people about shady shops and people. Guess they were "friends" and Rob burnt him for close to $10,000 of work he never did and what he did do was total crap.

You ever need the real story on him just ask Brady from Pick Ups Plus.

Oh, and the work he did to my car was awful, to say the least. Header bolts finger tight, charged me for work that was never done, missing bolts, screws put in stuff instead of vacuum caps, the list goes on.

When we pulled the front bumper cover off my car last weekend I found more stuff that was just hacked together, random self tappers screwed into things, it was funny but sad to see.

I only used his shop once when I had a 07 suby sti. It was while he was dating, per above, a crazy chick.

Unprofessional both times I went in to drop and pickup. Screaming at the top of his lungs at a customer on the phone (I could relate though some days). Then while I was waiting outside the office for him to get off the phone he hangs up and goes off on me about I was standing too close to the "shop" area. I played nice and said I was giving him space since he was on the phone and left it at that. I was standing between the front door and the office door.

I had brought my car in for 30K maintenance and a few other things. When I drop I always take a picture of my mileage. When picking up I checked and it had a little over 50 miles higher. Wen I asked he told me I was lying even though I showed him a date stamped picture.

A week later I figured out he did not do some of the agreed upon work and gave him a call thinking he missed it on the laundry list I had given him. I figured he had charged me so just bring it back in and have him do the work missed, not a huge deal. He proceeded to go off on me about random shit saying he performed the work and I was scamming him. I told him I could show him the new part still in my trunk and the bill showing the install labor for said part.

I called it a day and never went back.

He did a shitty job rebuilding the 10 bolt on my Camaro, and when I mentioned that the A/C system was leaking he recommended a shop called Hand's Auto Repair on Parsons. I guess his brother or something works there? Well that guy forgot (or just didn't care) to put in the leak dye when he charged it. So that place sucks too.

I remember paying my bill when I picked up my Camaro and Rob's girlfriend was going off about the phone company or some shit, and there were cats all over the office.

Sounds like a lot of people had bad / bizarre experiences with him, never heard any of this when it was going on, now that he has disappeared we hear the horror stories.

I thought we were in this together here.. nice looking out for others....

I did show up there once, ate his food and left.

Sounds like a lot of people had bad / bizarre experiences with him, never heard any of this when it was going on, now that he has disappeared we hear the horror stories.

I thought we were in this together here.. nice looking out for others....

I did show up there once, ate his food and left.

It's not something you would likely have seen in your lack of time here. 10 years and 22 posts, and this thread brought you back in? Not seeing where your contribution of info has been informative to other members on here either. We are all in this together, and you ate the food of a guy with numerous voiced concerns about his conduct and skill, or lack thereof. At least tell us how the food was.

It's not something you would likely have seen in your lack of time here. 10 years and 22 posts, and this thread brought you back in? Not seeing where your contribution of info has been informative to other members on here either. We are all in this together, and you ate the food of a guy with numerous voiced concerns about his conduct and skill, or lack thereof. At least tell us how the food was.

Also wondering what a car shop owner would have to do with food?

614Streets is who I thought we would see a thread about first.

Dood, I met him years ago when he was selling a Geo Tracker at his shop for $300. Ant was there. He was a cool guy.

Then I saw someone post up Will's stuff on yellowbullet.com or some site and I be like :no::no::no: