You just gotta LOVE Pure Black and here's why...Lexus Love Inside

TTQ B4U

So a local friend of mine who purchased a new Lexus GS350 AWD last year had been toying with getting her car detailed but wasn't sure it was going to make a huge difference or not. As time went by and now close to 9,000 miles she started to see some subtle concerns as it relates to marring and while overall the car looked good, it didn't jump out and really POP like she knew it could.

Given it's a Lexus and Toyota/Lexus paint, along with lots of Japanese counterparts, tend to have softer/easier to correct paint, I informed her after seeing it in person that it wouldn't take much in the way of correction to get her perfection. That said together we decided on just a Basic Clean & Protect. Even though it's not a "correction" package, I feel I have my processes pretty well dialed-in and wouldn't ever over-charge for a service, so I pretty much knew I could get her ride looking amazing without breaking the bank and use that difference to upgrade her coating choice.

Protection wise, she did just that and invested in the same 3 layer system that I recently installed on my wife's car. It's an amazing product and while time consuming and a little more challenging to apply, the results are well worth it.

One additional "little something extra" I began to carry and provide customers are really nice silicone license plate frames. I saw these on a recent detail I did and the owner shared with me what they are like and I jumped on them and put them on both of our current vehicles. See the photos and details in the next post here. Really worth it for those interested in preventing any rattles or the dreaded scratches that can happen even with foam backing stops lots of vehicles have.

Now....onto this beautiful Lexus!!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Getting FULL 3-D effect from these awesome tail lamps is housed in ensuring the plastic housing is also fully corrected

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Reflections are great and the appearance of a car with great clarity is important but the key to any solid color from black to red to gray for the utmost reflectivity from any angle is the correction of imperfections. Flawless clear allows the depth of the color and paint to really show through.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

So in follow up to this detail, the license plate frames I have are here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0824WPBGF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When pulling the plates off her car I noticed the screws used were already rusty and should be replaced. The above frame comes with 2 different sets of self tapping and threaded varieties so bases are covered all around. They also include screw top covers for a nice clean look.

Going forward I'm going to keep 3-4 sets on-hand for customers with new/clean cars that I think will benefit from them as something "a little extra" for them as an appreciation for their trust in my work.

Here are some pics.

The Full backside is covered in a very soft supple silicon material.

original.jpg

The stock plate slides in the molded edges and fitment is perfect.

original.jpg

Time to replace the old hardware too:

original.jpg

The finished product is clean and simple. It's also nice that if you do wish to use an additional frame, I've found they fit just fine over top of this set up and still looks very clean.

original.jpg

Superb work, every time you post a pic of a dark colored car I get a wood rocket. The work you do can only be summarized by one word..... Wizardry.

Haha! Thanks. I get that when I do these cars too. Love black and hate black but it's definitely worth it once they are perfected and coated. If it wasn't for Ceramic being a thing I'd likely pass but it makes them so easy to care for that black becomes okay to own again. Nothing turns heads like a perfect black car too. Even my sons little 94k mile 2014 Corolla has gotten people to ask me what I've done to it as it glows and looks great when clean.