1994 Ford Bronco; The Original is Born Again

TTQ B4U

So a good friend of mind, Jason who is an avid Ford Guy who is General Manager at Chapman Ford has a couple really nice rides and this is the old school one and my favorite. Meet his 1994 Ford Bronco. He had it painted (I'll grab the color and update) about 2 years ago but hasn't had it detail to really bring out the gloss and reflectivity of the clear coat.

Goals here were to create a light gray mirror, obviously correct any marring and then restore the chrome bumpers and black trim. He wasn't initially looking at fixing the original fiberglass roof that was re-stained 2 years ago but I couldn't let it sit faded and not popping out.

To protect it going forward, we decided upon a 2 layer system of CarPro's latest offering that is a Carbide Infused Silicon Dioxide which is fancy terms for their Tried and Proven Ceramic combined with an extra contaminant and water spot resistant product built in vs having to lay it down separately.

Overall I know he's very pleased and anyone interested in seeing it next week, he will be attending the Marysville Muscle Car Connections Event next week.

I'll introduce a couple before shots here and then reply with the after.

Overall, the vehicle is really clean given it's 27+ years old. The bumpers while oxidized were good and the plastic trim able to be restored and coated. The roof faded and in need of a re-dye came back nicely too.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

Now onto the After Pics:

I love the color, the stance and the mix of gloss and matte finishes

original.jpg

The original tire cover restored nicely and is now coated and protected from the elements.

original.jpg

Matches my house perfectly but he wouldn't part with it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

The front bumper, air dam and grill all restored nicely. The gloss on the black trim will tone down a bit over time as the coating cures and settles in.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Our friends at Pickups Plus Cars Supplied him the wheels

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

The depth and clarity of the finish turned out really, really nice I think

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Many thanks to Jason for his trust in my work and allowing me the opportunity to work on his favorite project car and continued work in progress.

Great work as always Tim. It's tough to really catch the shine on some of those lighter colors, but you nailed it, amazing reflection.

I've often thought one of those or an old Blazer would be a fun family cruiser with the removable top.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Avalanche grey? Seems close, maybe a touch dark.

The Bronco here is Avalanche Grey

what exactly is going on here

The original Fiberglass roof was badly faded and aged. It had been re-dyed years ago but it needed re-done. IMO it's just getting so darn old that it will eventually need a full re-finish. He likes the satin look so I re-dyed it for him. Personally, I'd strip it and paint it next time but he's working on the interior next.

The original Fiberglass roof was badly faded and aged. It had been re-dyed years ago but it needed re-done. IMO it's just getting so darn old that it will eventually need a full re-finish. He likes the satin look so I re-dyed it for him. Personally, I'd strip it and paint it next time but he's working on the interior next.

What Dye did you use? I am thinking this may need to be done to the jeep's hard top.