Wanting to prevent rock chips. Clear Bra? From who?

Diamonds

Got a new car last year and by some stroke of good luck i have zero rock chips in the hood or bumper. But, i dont think my luck can stay around forever.

Question 1: is a clear bra what I want? or do they just do clear wrap now? I dont want the ugly line on the hood. I want the whole thing covered.

Question 2: Who should i go to and how much will it likely cost (SUV)?

THX IN ADVC

yes, clear bar is what you want. It's pretty rare they leave a line on the hood these days unless you select the minimal amount of coverage. Most common application is likely full front wrap where they will do the full bumper / hood / fenders and wrap around the edges so you don't see any lines.

You can have anything up to the whole whole thing wrapped if you want. I'd expect to start around $2k entry point and go from there. The only thing to consider on something that's not brand new is if and how much paint prep needs to happen before the clear bra install. Does it need detailed to remove any swirls / scratches and or does it have like 19 layers of wax on there that need to be removed for the clear bra to stick? Those could add cost to the process over taking something factory new and fresh in for the service.

I used a guy named Mike Sasala for my M2 and he did a great job. I took it to him with grill's , badges, etc removed so that there weren't any lines around those items either. I'm happy with the results and the price was competitive. 614-517-6387 He did the tint on the M2 and my new truck and both turned out very well too.

Got a new car last year and by some stroke of good luck i have zero rock chips in the hood or bumper. But, i dont think my luck can stay around forever.

Question 1: is a clear bra what I want? or do they just do clear wrap now? I dont want the ugly line on the hood. I want the whole thing covered.

Question 2: Who should i go to and how much will it likely cost (SUV)?

THX IN ADVC

Paint Protection Film aka PPF or Clear Bra is indeed what you want. You can do a "bikini cut" where the leading 18" or more is done on the hood or you could spend a bit more and do the whole thing. What's best care wise will depend on the hood shape and if it's prone to chipping.

Costs will vary depending on how much. Here's a link to the gallery of my wife's CUV/SUV and a pretty all inclusive coverage of it.FULL Hood

• Entire bumper/front clip
  • Bikini Cut on the Fenders
  • A-Pillars
  • Leading edge of roof (in front of sun roof)
  • Side Mirrors
  • Headlights

Costs will likely be in the $900-1,200 range.

Product Wise, there are a number of well known brands and some high quality lessor known ones. I have been using the latter, Premium Shield and their EliteBrand. Top notch, SUPER Clear and SUPER Glossy. Dare I say it rivals what I do via detailing and ceramic. Very noticeably better than many other brands.

You're welcome to stop by today as I have that 911 I'm doing with XPel on it and my wife's right next to it. Premium Shield is noticeably better all around.

I use a local friend I've known for nearly 30 years, Julious Poa. He does work for dealers and local installers on a contract basis all the time. Like me however, he also does it on the side via cash and offers significant savings.

I rave about him as his work is top notch. All free-hand custom cuts. That means no cheap templates thus NO VISIBLE LINES. He wraps ALL Edges so you can't see them. He stands by his work too. I've personally used him on at least 8 cars and he's done over 25+ likely closer to 50 of my referrals.

I'll text you as I do owe you a call about getting some scratches out of the Rover. Just been slammed in my day-job but I'll get you taken care of ASAP.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Paint Protection Film aka PPF or Clear Bra is indeed what you want. You can do a "bikini cut" where the leading 18" or more is done on the hood or you could spend a bit more and do the whole thing. What's best care wise will depend on the hood shape and if it's prone to chipping.

Costs will vary depending on how much. Here's a link to the gallery of my wife's CUV/SUV and a pretty all inclusive coverage of it.FULL Hood

• Entire bumper/front clip
  • Bikini Cut on the Fenders
  • A-Pillars
  • Leading edge of roof (in front of sun roof)
  • Side Mirrors
  • Headlights

Costs will likely be in the $900-1,200 range.

Product Wise, there are a number of well known brands and some high quality lessor known ones. I have been using the latter, Premium Shield and their EliteBrand. Top notch, SUPER Clear and SUPER Glossy. Dare I say it rivals what I do via detailing and ceramic. Very noticeably better than many other brands.

You're welcome to stop by today as I have that 911 I'm doing with XPel on it and my wife's right next to it. Premium Shield is noticeably better all around.

I use a local friend I've known for nearly 30 years, Julious Poa. He does work for dealers and local installers on a contract basis all the time. Like me however, he also does it on the side via cash and offers significant savings.

I rave about him as his work is top notch. All free-hand custom cuts. That means no cheap templates thus NO VISIBLE LINES. He wraps ALL Edges so you can't see them. He stands by his work too. I've personally used him on at least 8 cars and he's done over 25+ likely closer to 50 of my referrals.

I'll text you as I do owe you a call about getting some scratches out of the Rover. Just been slammed in my day-job but I'll get you taken care of ASAP.

Tim, how do you think the clear bra areas affect the "shine" of a detailed car?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tim, how do you think the clear bra areas affect the "shine" of a detailed car?

Depends on the product. The 911 I just coated and am putting pics up of soon pales in comparison to the product on my wife's Mazda.

Use the right product and it's 100 as good as bare paint. I'll post up some nice pics of hers soon. I still have to ceramic coat the PPF on hers. Maybe this week.