Russia's "Poseidon" nuclear torpedo

zeitgeist57

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/europe/russia-arctic-nato-military-intl-cmd/index.html

Haven't heard much out of Russia except for some buzzing and fly-by in international airspace...but I have to say a nuclear powered stealth torpedo is very unnerving. We're spending trillions on laser defense systems in space to protect our national interests...this bugger could really screw someone by sliding undetected through sonar nets in the ocean.

Quite the deterrent. Hoping it'll never have to be used.

Going to miss Hawaii but no-one really cared much for California anyway right?

I kid... kinda

I mean while somewhat alarming to think about, the nuclear "arms" race was over a long time ago when the major powers gained enough ordinance to destroy the world several times over. All a super stealth nuclear torpedo would give them would be first strike capabilities at best. Then followed by either the end of Russia or the End of the World either of which hasn't really changed for 30-40 years. I think all sides know what the potential world ending capabilities of a nuclear attack on another nuclear power would do.

Even if for say the United States was the target of a singular nuclear attack and as a result we did not respond with blowing a country into oblivion (this likely changing or destroying the Earth as we know it (least if that country was the size of Russia or China for say). I would think the entire world would turn on/against whatever against the attacking country.