Downtown Civic Type-R shoot

vonrottes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should have a pre-shitbox meet up a week or so before to:

1) ensure we have 12 cars(if we don't we could possibly do multiple cars in a shot for the month)

2) ensure what we think is a shitbox is really a shitbox

3) we could just have a meet and greet as I've only met a few of you from the forum

Thoughts??????

You've not seen mine..lol

How many of you have your antenna held on with electrical tape

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1009&pictureid=9772

I'm down for whatever. My shitboxes are 1) in my sig (currently missing 1 hubcap...and the antenna) and 2) This:

194348727-918203798968148-6581047108653450085-n.jpg

Edited by Otis Nice

The jeep is pretty nice for a sb..and the lincoln is cool but could possibly qualify as a sb.

I'll have to get a pic of my caddy and post it..I'll have the wife do it tomorrow.

The Jeep is actually aight but in the grand scheme of "nice daily drivers"....it's still pretty aight. Looks better in pics though. LOL

The Lincoln is a glorious shit box. It also looks better in pics. Especially with the hubcap missing.

In neither pic can you see all the flaws and blemishes, both were cheap and paid in cash, but I dig them both. Def don't see them on the road every day.

"Shitbox" doesn't have to be barely running or rusted out. Buck calls his Fiero the shitbox and I love that thing. I just thought, when I had the idea to do a shoot and make it a calendar, it'd be funny to have professional looking shots at fancy places with run of the mill cars (wonder why a Civic made me think that). I mean, these "shitboxes" have to run to get from place to place. Like, if we still owned the 2007 Camry with ~280k or whatever it had I'd bring it. It was super clean, rust free, ran great, everything worked as it should, but it's just a POS run of the mill old Camry. That kind of thing.

My caddy is currently my dd..a buddy of mine needed a car badly to get back and forth to work so I sold him my dd.

The caddy does have some rust and a dent but runs great.

I bought it to haul my 2 dogs in as they hated my extended cab silverado.

The worst part of the caddy is whoever had it before,I bought it from a small car dealer, let the floor plastic melt onto the carpet.

Oh I paid for it with my cc so I could get the cash back,then paid the cc off the next month..lol

If I am not busy I'll bring out the '96 Honda Civic complete with plastic hubcaps, plenty o rust, and hood pins since the hood latch rusted shut. She has almost 270k on the clock, but she runs great, has a manual transmission, and is paid for. As a bonus the radio work great and the A/C blows cold. Is that shitboxy enough?

• 3 weeks later...
I'd buy this for the SBS bur I don't think I could ever get it sold again..lol

https://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/d/columbus-2007-buick-lucerne-cx-103k/7340301132.html

Jesus Christ :eek:

Even if you actually like that ricey god awful tacky shit, what kind of mouth breather would choose to do that to a Buick?

Even if you actually like that ricey god awful tacky shit, what kind of mouth breather would choose to do that to a Buick?

I know I saw it and thought the same thing...reminded me of Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.."what do you do buy a hat and get a bowl of soup....but it looks good on you"

I'd buy this for the SBS bur I don't think I could ever get it sold again..lol

https://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/d/columbus-2007-buick-lucerne-cx-103k/7340301132.html

Just go to AZ, spend $47 for all those accessories, and slap them on your Escalade. Prob solved. :)

Someone who turned 16 and got grandmas old car and a part time job. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...