Asking for help again in Rally North America

Doc1647545523

After a hiatus in 2020 due to the pandemic, Rally North America will launch the Great Lakes Rally in a little over two weeks. The members and sponsors of Columbus Racing have been great at supporting CR teams in every Rally North America event since the beginning in 2010, when the three rookie CR teams took three of the top four awards in the Route 66 Rally. Since that time, Rally North America has raised over $1,000,000 for selected charities, supporting veterans' groups, children with terminal diseases, and medical research. Not bad for an all-volunteer organization formed by CR's own Scott Spielman (Spieldawg on CR).

This summer’s rally will take me through Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois. We start off with quarter mile racing in Rock Falls, Wisconsin

rock_falls.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

and finish up at Gingerman for paced laps, then hot laps

gingerman.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Days in-between will include appearances promoting this year's charity, Race to Erase MS, and activities such as touring the Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Private Collection.

I'll be driving alone this Rally in car #1, a 2020 Mercedes AMG E63s with RENNtech mods good for a crank h.p. of 773

best_rear.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

It's not been on a dyno yet but had a respectable appearance at the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research track in May in the capable hands of Rene von Richthofen, a good friend and past winner of One Lap of America.

small_line_up.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Our charity this year, Race to Erase MS, is dedicated to the treatment and ultimate cure of Multiple Sclerosis. Funding research is the core focus of the Foundation and all funds raised support the Center Without Walls program, a selected network of the nation’s top MS research centers. This nationwide collaboration of physicians and scientists are on the cutting-edge of innovative research programs, working as a team on therapeutic approaches to eradicate MS.

More information about the Rally, our organization, and the charity can be found here: https://www.classy.org/event/rally-north-americas-great-lakes-rally/e255856

I would really appreciate your support for this Rally. I pay all entry fees, gas, food, and lodging expenses. In contrast, your donation in support of my team goes directly to Race to Erase MS, and you receive a letter verifying your donation for tax purposes as they are a 501 © 3 non-profit organization.

Please click on this link and click on the orange DONATE button at the right top side of the page. https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/2550820 I've got two weeks left to try to make my team goal of $5,000.

Thanks, CR, for your friendship and support!

side.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Thanks to the good folks at Wheel Medic, longtime supporters of CR and of Rally North America. Your generous gift is much appreciated! :)

They also do great work. :) Just recently took wheels for the first time. They were completed DAYS before they quoted me and the work speaks for itself.

A couple before and after:

208629942-4453875491302838-1756150743397031199-n.jpg

Agreed. Bryce, Hanna and the crew have always come through for me on wheel and tire selection, reconditioning, painting, even last minute rally car modifications for me and emergency service! They define what excellent service is.

Angry BMW (Marc), many thanks for an exceptionally generous donation. Our community needs more leaders such as yourself.

Marc's another repeat RNA charity supporter and was a great help to me in navigating home buying and Mortgage 101. :)

Mojoe,thanks for your support, my friend. I still tell people the stories of your rally exploits. And no one who was present in Ft. Walton Beach will forget the integrity and good sportsmanship you showed at the awards ceremony. Some great memories, eh? ;)

Jordon, the "J" in JET Auto Group and 2hghpsi on CR , again came through with a large contribution for the Rally charity. Sincere thanks for your generosity and for your help with car buying and selling. :)

I'm down to four days left to fundraise and have over 3k yet to go.

99StockGT (Austin), thank you and thanks to Richard Lucore of Lucore Automotive for a very generous gift. You're always up to the mechanical challenges of my "weird" cars and you've been steadfast supporters of the Rally charities.

Cutoff for donations is tonight, and what's left for me is to head out tomorrow to Wisconsin for the start of the Rally. Thanks to the sponsors and members of CR, I've meet my team fundraising goal of $5,000 and the Rally has topped $186,000 for the charity. With the charity auction Sunday night, I suspect we'll go over 200k for the event. :)