RV Storage needed

zeitgeist57

Country CR folks...here's a chance for you to add a long-term monthly stream of income. :)

I will provide a CR update on the rebuild "adventure" of my RV, but I am unfortunately losing my battle with the City of Upper Arlington to keep the RV on my property without extensive/EXPENSIVE changes to my "buildable" property for a pad for it in the future.

If anyone knows of a minimum 9'x20' open-lot or enclosed space, I'm willing to spend $50+ a month starting in the fall. Self-Storage places inside 270 simply don't have any spaces available for rent right now.

Feel free to PM me anytime and thanks!

Not if it can be seen from the street! :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who reached out. I love CR. <3

Looks like you're getting some good leads and we're pretty far south or I'd see what I could do to help.

So having old trucks sitting in that same spot is ok but not a little ol' RV? MAKES CENTS! :jerkit: :lol:

It's the anti vehicle mentality in most places...

Columbus used to allow parking on "an improved surface" that included gravel. That was my plan when I built my new garage for an RV storage spot, but no more! Now it must be a "hard surface" (paved) and you need to file a "site plan" (and pay $90 for the "privilege").

Columbus used to allow parking on "an improved surface" that included gravel. That was my plan when I built my new garage for an RV storage spot, but no more! Now it must be a "hard surface" (paved) and you need to file a "site plan" (and pay $90 for the "privilege").

The City Compliance Officer specifically told me that UA is trying to avoid a “country aesthetic” with their city ordinances. :lol:

I know other suburbs have it as bad or worse...obviously it just stings when the regs are directed at you...

My buddy in Grove City would like an RV, as he tent camps a bunch already. Their HOA won't let him park it in the driveway or on the street beyond like 12 hours. That makes the proposition for owning one include picking it up from whatever storage place same day, loading it that day and leaving with it that same day. Same when he comes home from a trip, as it can't be there overnight to unload and clean it the following morning. It just becomes impractical to even own one where he lives.

He's presently considering a high top long wheelbase ford transit RV conversion, as apparently vans without company markings or ladder racks are specifically allowed and can be parked indefinitely like any other car.

Crazy shit.

Same guy bought their house with full intentions of FINALLY parking his truck in the garage... He never measured before signing the paperwork, and his truck is like 2 inches too long to close the door. I was helping him move in when he made THAT discovery, and I thought he might cry lol.

"Land of the Free"...so long as you have permission from some other person to tell you what you can do on/with your property that you paid for, got taxed on, and still get taxed on annually. What a crock.

The City Compliance Officer specifically told me that UA is trying to avoid a “country aesthetic” with their city ordinances. :lol:

:lolguy:

That's hilarious. Surprised Cleetus I-IV didn't draw more attention then. I mean, they're not as large and in charge as an old ass RV, but a couple few of all of them def had a "country aesthetic". lol

There are advantages and disadvantages to living in certain areas for sure.

That's why we moved away from the city-style neighborhoods. I have zero interest in living around Karen and Chad types anymore, dealing with HOAs, and stupid city ordinances.

I understand the advantages of a HOA and certain city rules, but they get taken to the extreme by people who *think* they know what's best for people.

I love the fact I can park my race car trailer on my property, Rick can park his here, and I can do whatever I want within reason and don't have someone coming on my property go give me a hard time.