2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back

TTQ B4U

So a friend of mine who I've detailed another car for, found a really nice looking and very well equipped newer body style 2017 CR-V EX-L trim in Dark Olive Green Metallic for her son that is likely going to have this through his college years. It's only issue was that it has 110,000 miles on it and needed a really good clean up and the swirls and imperfections knocked-down.

The vehicle is going to sit outside so to balance cost with ROI, we decided to go with a Basic Polish & Protect package which is perfect for removing the minor oxidation, road grime and scuffs it was covered with. This isn't a paint correction package, but I use of a machine polisher combined with a fantastic polish and primer for a ceramic combined in one which knocks out the blemishes thus greatly reducing the appearance of swirls & imperfections while brightening the paint’s color to enhance the gloss of the clear coat and also allows the metallic flake that's hidden from all the above to really come through.

In turn the savings on the prep portion of the project was applied to a better quality 2 year ceramic coating on both the paint and also a trim specific coating that will keep that plastic cladding dark and like-new for quite some time. Lastly, as a "thank you" I polished and applied a glass coating to the windows to help during times of rain.

Interior wise, it was in relatively good shape, but to round things out and provide them with a super clean-slate starting point for care going forward, I gave it a good Basic Interior Detail including a spot clean around the pedals to remove a few years of crusted up salt and dirt that tends to gather there.

All-in, the vehicle came out fantastic and that Dark Olive Metallic Paint now has a rich depth and clarity that it hasn't had since it was new.

Onto the pics!

At drop off it was evident the vehicle had quite a bit of road grime and contamination from tree sap all over it. The trim had never been protected and started to turn to a light blue-grey color too.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

That flake is popping through now!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Another added update, I included a nice latex license plate holder and caps for the screws. Helps not only solidify it from rattling when closed but keeps the plate from coming into direct contact with the paint behind it thus no scratches along the outside edge like what typically happens. A nice clean look.

original.jpg