College Football thread 2021/22

Otis Nice

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn these rankings are really fucked up. Nothing else you can say about it. It's very clear that people just "mail in their votes" there is no downside you cannot have your vote taken away (least I don't believe?) for a bad vote...

I'm not worried by the end of the year 98% of this gets worked out as more teams play eachother but some of the shit they do makes zero sense.

Alabama is just the example I'm not mad they are higher but it just doesn't make any sense.

Alabama loses to a 2 loss team unranked team and goes down 4 slots.

Ohio state loses to at the time undefeated #11 ranked team and goes down 6 slots.

That's unexplainable. Prove me wrong. I'm not being a homer either it just literly makes zero sense.

And it just doesn't happen to Ohio state either. I actually had a problem last week or two with us being above Oregon. Didn't make any sense either. Both one loss and they beat us...

*shrugs*

These polls need MORE logic and less guess work.

These polls need MORE logic and less guess work.

These polls need to go away. CFB changes SO much year to year (vs NFL where a couple trades/changes might be made) that it makes potato sense to have preseason rankings that hold so much weight throughout the year.

Wait until week 8. Let teams prove themselves. No, "well they beat #8 XYZ" when XYZ is ONLY #8 because some folks guessed how good they'd be. Give 'em 8 weeks, look at the work, and start from there. Kind of like the BCS. AP was whatever. We all waited for the BCS rankings to hit.

Preseason rankings are dumb.

I agree. If The AP/Coaches do not go away then we need the playoff committee to do polls preseason to end of year. Because its clear that the polls do matter somewhat in terms of the playoff picture.

Yep, and they def shouldn't, which has been proven time and again.

Play calling for up the middle runs is out of control terrible.

They are not better than us. We are incompetent tonight IMO.

I don't know about the play calling. I don't disagree but there is also a reason I'm not coaching OSU football. PSU was stacking the box and making Stroud/OSU throw.

As for incompetent? Yeah. In a few aspects. The o-line made a LOT of McSteaks, there were some obv errors in other areas, and all that.