1978 Lincoln - "Ellie"

Otis Nice

...a.k.a."the Hot Rod Lincoln".

I bought this off of Clay back in...Jan? Feb? Anyway, he took the air ride and wheels for his '79 which was fine by me. I plan on going with a beefier look. I just bought some 15x8.5 turbine wheels for it so she'll be getting beefier shoes. Other plans include replacing a crap ton of vac lines, cleaning up some areas on the body, and eventually thinking of a 4bbl carb. For now though here's some pics I hired a buddy of mine to do. Here is his site if you'd like to see more of his work. He was in Cbus for the AMA event at mid Ohio last weekend so I was able to have him swing down before heading back north.

This will be a much slower "project". Anyway, on to the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

What's it run in the quarter

Eventually @ some MPH.

Hell, when the front bumper hits the finish line the rear bumper is only 27 feet from the starting line.

I live my life 230.3" at a time. For those 19.2' or less...I'm free.

It walks the 1/4 mile, like a husky kid in gym class.

Waddles. Husky kids don't walk.

Good looking vehicle Randy..you boys and your lincolns..lol

Haha. Thanks. I'll admit when Clay first bought this one years ago I thought, "k...but why tho?" Now I absolutely love it.

Also thanks for all the compliments but I gotta give full credit to my buddy. He did a REALLY good job hiding the dirt on the headlight covers that had been in the open position due to a vac leak so a bunch of crap had settled on them, the rust spots and blemishes, and notice he didn't take any shots of the drivers side where a wheel cover is missing. As Clay said he made a cheap Lincoln look great. If I ever go to sell her I'm only using his pics. :lol:

...and eventually thinking of a 4bbl carb.

Honestly, I was trying to get clay to do that for a long time, and now I'm like Holley Sniper or FiTech fuel injection for the thing. It isn't that much more expensive than a new carb, and you get fuel economy and power.

Car is looking great.

I remember my first ride in that car ages ago. Clay and I were going to Kevan's in New Albany and he turns on the heater and both of us get a face full of the the strong oder of mouse piss. the car has come a long way.

I remember my first ride in that car ages ago. Clay and I were going to Kevan's in New Albany and he turns on the heater and both of us get a face full of the the strong oder of mouse piss. the car has come a long way.

BWAAAAAAA..that's a great story..but how'd he clean the vents??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

After she sat for most of the fall/winter and was under a cover I tried to start her a couple few months ago. She dead. Hooked up dads super duper batchry charger and it basically just told us to go screw ourselves and come back with a new battery. Finally got around to getting one today. When I went to remove the old one I found a birds nest. Mom had said that she thinks birds might be using the car but it was under a cover and all so I didn't think much of it. She was right. 

Furthermore I didn't know there was anything IN the nest until I removed the old batt, grabbed it, and was about to chuck it out in the yard and just happened to look down and see 4 baby robins and 1 unhatched egg. Took it to a nearby tree and tried to give them their best shot. 

Long story short she's alive. Took a bit of a cruise and FINALLY got her into the garage I started renting to store her in.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 6 months later...