Dare I say the best Daily Driver....and this one is a beauty

TTQ B4U

Dare I say perhaps one of the best all around daily drivers...but then I'm biased :gabe:

This one comes to me as a referral from a previous detail and fell into my New Car Preservation Package. With only 3,400 miles on it, it was still pretty badly contaminated and loaded with iron dust and tree sap on top of that.

Customer approached it with a full 2 layer ceramic on Paint, Trim, Wheels and Glass in hopes to help keep the weekly routine of cleaning to a much easier level. Mission Accomplished and I think it turned out well, like it was mine. Wheels polished out to perfection despite one already having a slight curb hit :no:

The only negative it really is hit with and a lesson learned on their part is they chose NOT to go with my friend Juliusfor PPF on the front end. They certainly paid less but they not only got a cheap-template driven PPF application with loads of edges that IMO look horrible, but the installer also never did the front bumper. WOW! They skipped the most important part. I know money is a concern as most do live on a budget but this is a tough one as those flaws will remain to be seen every.single.day. Lastly, the film they used (not sure the brand) is meh on clarity. Side by side with my car the owner about cried but is looking into having it refunded by the dealer and re-done with Julius.

Now onto the pics!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Slight Curb Rash on this one already, but hey, it is a daily :no:

original.jpg

I just LOVE the classy Pearl White they use on them

original.jpg

Now the ugly.......I can't stand templates and edges. :fuuuu:

original.jpg

Edges Tend to lift and attract dirt that's nearly impossible to remove without making things worse

original.jpg

These mirrors are horrible. I really hope she gets it re-done.

original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

Psst, it's "Julius"

Who installed the PPF on this Accord?

I don't understand those few people who tried to have PPF installed in a piecemeal way. When installed separately, the total cost skyrocketed. Julius' prices are inline with template-cut most of the cases and his own installation is custom-cut on the car (not for freelance jobs). For years I have been telling him to bump his prices by 50% and in some cases to double them.

Edited by POS VETT

kudos to tim for showing his work and areas of improvement as is.

Thanks. Just trying to point out where lots of installers cut corners and it seems to be pretty prevalent. One of the 911's I did was nearly as bad and had to have Julius re-do the previous owners purchase of PPF because it honestly took away from the look of the car.

Psst, it's "Julius"

Who installed the PPF on this Accord?

LOL! Thanks. Fat finger and ignored the spell-check as I have him loaded in there. My bad. Anyway, car was bought at Roush Honda. Not sure if they do it in-house or contract it out.

I don't understand those few people who tried to have PPF installed in a piecemeal way. When installed separately, the total cost skyrocketed. Julius' prices are inline with template-cut most of the cases and his own installation is custom-cut on the car (not for freelance jobs). For years I have been telling him to bump his prices by 50% and in some cases to double them.

Agree. I have watched him and his brother when he did it turn this into a craft or art. His work on my wife's CX-5 is perhaps the best I've seen. I had a friend and fellow detailer over last night and he was blown away at how perfect it was. Cut lines where needed such as under an over hang of trim or headlights were still so far back and clean that they couldn't be seen only felt. He's the man!