2nd Best Daily Driver gets 7 years of wear removed

TTQ B4U

So this I performed a mid-week detail and it rounds out the garage as car #2 for last weeks owner who had that beautiful pearl white Honda Accord I completed. This car is also a bit special to her as it was her mothers vehicle prior to her passing and thus it most certainly deserved the royal treatment. It's a 2015 Honda Civic EX-L finished in Urban Grey Metallic. Not the sexiest color but it has some flake that pops and it does hide dirt well.

Here the goal was to clean it up, remove the tar and tree sap and lock in the gloss with a Ceramic Coating so day-forward washes would be that much easier. Wheels here are gloss black and most always come to me dull and lifeless, so those too were polished back to new and coated thus eliminating any harsh wheels cleaners being needed as brake dust will wash off with ease.

This is a nearly 7 year old 2015 model so another aspect addressed was the black trim. The windshield cowling was the most impacted but all of it was beginning to fade a bit. It's now back to new and should be good for several years.

Lastly, a few "extras" were the removal of the old front license plate and plugging of the bumper hole and painting that plug to match. On the rear, similar to last time, a nice rubber sleeve for the plate to avoid any further scratching and gouging into the paint, ZERO rattles when closing the trunk and since I had a few more, a nice little Honda Racing frame to replace the dealer frame.

Now onto the pics!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Love me a good 4x4.

...but for real, do you have better pics of the painted to match bumper plug?

Haha, right? If they just had it sitting an inch lower. In terms of the license plate plug, it's a bummer they even drilled into this thing. The bracket mounts from two large bolts on the underside and holds just fine. They didn't even need to put a hold in the bumper :fuuuu:

Are you in need of them for your car? I likely have some larger and smaller ones as I buy them in bulk.