Sheetz 88 unleaded

Mace1647545504

...sub $5 a tank in savings ??

From a quick search it looks like it's 5-10cents cheaper than 87, which is really the only thing anyone should cross shop or sub this for. So more like $0.50-$1/tank.... unless you drive a tank like an f-tenthousand with the 36 gallon tank, then maybe $1-$2.

Honestly it's probably a wash vs 87 E10. Maybe a little worse FE vs 87, but cheaper, so you'll spend less but burn more. But little enough on both ends that you'd have to do an instrumented EPA style dyno test to see the differences.

It's just marketing to get people in the door with the cheaper price on the sign and buy more of their fast food... which I'm all good with since it's delicious.

What are we talking about here? 88 octane regular gas? or the E15 in the blue hose that Sheetz is also selling? because those two things are not the same.

87-88 octane gas? yeah I'd put that in any low compression engine. E15 or as sheetz calls it "unleaded 15", yeah I wouldn't put that crap in anything older than 5 years. Ethanol fuels are trash (unless you have a fun car tuned for E85), and having more trash in your gas isn't helpful. It doesn't improve fuel mileage, it doesn't improve emissions, it just keeps corn prices stable so your corn farming neighbors keep growing it.

It’s my opinion that running E15 is similar to putting a bottle of fuel system cleaner in the tank. Does it make a difference? In most cars not really. 5% more ethanol isn’t going to throw off fueling much at all, and it wouldn’t make any major difference in economy. The typical driver is in stop and go traffic and not making true back to back fuel economy comparisons to prove the small percentage of worse economy.

Personally I like ethanol, it’s renewable, it’s clean, and it cleans my fuel system. I wouldn’t have any issues running this. That said I wouldn’t run it in something old, but by old I mean 25-30 years old or older, and not in small engines and lawn equipment.

It’s my opinion that running E15 is similar to putting a bottle of fuel system cleaner in the tank. Does it make a difference? In most cars not really. 5% more ethanol isn’t going to throw off fueling much at all, and it wouldn’t make any major difference in economy. The typical driver is in stop and go traffic and not making true back to back fuel economy comparisons to prove the small percentage of worse economy.

Personally I like ethanol, it’s renewable, it’s clean, and it cleans my fuel system. I wouldn’t have any issues running this. That said I wouldn’t run it in something old, but by old I mean 25-30 years old or older, and not in small engines and lawn equipment.

I agree. Too bad that E15 has only 88 octane rating, it would be cool to have it in the 92-93 range.