NFL 2021/22

Otis Nice

We have the college thread but, man, it's nice to see pro football back and with crowds too.

My Cowboys fought hard and COULD have beat the defending champs for the first game of the year but que sera, sera. I had Dak, Lamb, Gronk, Brown, and Evans, all starting for me in the paid fantasy league I run. Aside from Mike Evans they all exceeded their projections and most by FAR.

Sunday was fun. I was cheering on the Browns and Bengals b/c Ohio teams. I was driving out of town for work during the KC/CLE game so I was just listening to it and although I have Edwards-Helaire on my fantasy team I was hoping the Browns would get it. They could have. Just like the Cowboys.

Now I'm sitting here watching a STELLAR MNF game where I didn't even predict the Raiders keeping it close taking the Ravens to overtime.

So glad football is ACTUALLY back!

Edit post MNF: Wow!

Edited by Otis Nice

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good/interesting first NFL weekend thats for sure. Can't believe the steelers upseting Buffalo like that pretty sure noone had that at all especially like that. And then lets not even talk about Green Bay? WTF I have Rodgers of course in fantasy. Lost me my first week.

Honestly thought they played a really good game jokes aside. Chiefs especially that offense you have to play nearly mistake free football and they did close to that. Not even really mad about bakers interception it wasn't great but he played damn near perfect before.

But that punt... Damn you can't fuck that up so bad. Worst is I feel like once he recovered he could have actually still kicked it quickly. Idk maybe not but it looked like he had time. But that was definitely browns of old.

A buddy of mine is a baker hater..and I wasn't a big fan at draft time but I think he a good..not great qb.

The interception was 2 things imho..1) he was trying to throw the ball away to avoid the sack but in being dragged down he didn't have enough umph on it 2) take the sack and live to play another day

The 1st didn't work the 2nd might have...but my buddy just bitches that 6 lost the game.

You Browns fans should be THRILLED with that performance overall. I was driving out of town for work but was listening as I said and I wanted E-H to get me a brazilian points but was wanting the Browns to win the game because Ohio vs. the world.

The very little bit I saw at the end and what I heard was overall LIGHT YEARS from where they've been in the past against a Super Bowl caliber team.

Just as with my Cowboys. Had Zeurlein made those kicks we win. I would complain about the no OPI call but whatever. All in all I was EXREMELY happy with how my team, who has been awful since the early/mid 90's, played against the reigning champs.

I absolutely loved everything about week 1 games. Ready for more.

Even though it was a loss, the Browns outplayed the best team in the conference even without a lot of their big pieces (Beckham, Wills, Harrison, Delpit). A number of self-inflicted wounds (turnovers) were the difference. Overall I was very encouraged with their performance. It's one game, on the road, against the back-to-back AFC champs led by the greatest QB in the league. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Not only do we have a great roster, but I truly believe Kevin Stefanski is one of the greatest coaches in the league. If the Browns can figure out how to beat Kansas City, I think they will win a Super Bowl at some point in the next few years.

21/22

What did I have it as? 20/21? I blame COVID. WE LOST AN ENTIRE YEAR, SHEEPLE!!!

So I have to ask you Randy..what made you a 'boys fan?

Did you grow up when they were really good?

My brother is a steelers fan but that's why..he grew up in the 70/80s and that's when they were sb champs.

I was born in 1983 so kind of (def in the early-mid 90's) but that's not why I'm a fan.

Dad (born in 1959) has always been a Cowboys fan so I grew up a Cowboys fan. Grandpa was an EOD in the USAF so they travelled everywhere. They lived in New Jersey, Ohio, Germany, England, Florida, and many other places over the course of his 21 year career so dad got to see a lot of different places, things, teams, and whatever.

When dad was really young though they lived at Lackland AFB for quite some time and that's where he and papaw would watch Dallas play every week. He loved the "local" team and loved watching Staubach.

Basically I was just raised a Cowboys fan. First and foremost I'm a Buckeyes fan but Dallas always has been and always will be my NFL team even though I was born in Columbus.

Edited by Otis Nice

• 4 weeks later...

The hypocrisy of the NFL is lulzy. Urban gets drunk and finger blasts some co-ed's b-hole and is on the sidelines the next week. Gruden make a comment via email a decade ago while working for himself, not the NFL, and get's "resigned".

"Redskins" is racist so now we have "Football Team" (should be Sentinels, change my mind)

I'm not taking a stance on either situation either way but either stand for something or shut up and sit down. :lol:

An article I read said they went through something like 650k Gruden emails (many from his personal account). Sounds like they’re scanning emails for certain terms because nobody has that much time to read that many emails.

I said it earlier tonight, either he refused to pay off the right person or someone had an axe to grind. Not saying his language was ok but someone went digging into the WFT's emails and didn't stop there.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that's rough. I'm not condoning drinking and driving at all for anyone but how these "millionaires" do this and get into so much trouble all the time blows my mind. I mean you could honestly just pay your best bud $500 or less for the night to be the DD.

Or Idk just get an uber, hire a driver, IDK your rich figure it out. :dumb:

Feel really sorry for the victim and family obviously very rough.

On another note I feel the browns should make a play for jackson and jettison ojb.

I was a fan of ojb when he came but with his drops and injuries I felt he was a burden to the browns. The browns should have tried to trade him last year. Jackson at least still has speed to stretch the field .