2017 Porsche Macan GTS Gets restored

TTQ B4U

So this weekend's detail was for a referral from a previous customer. he brought to me his beautiful new-to-him 2017 Porsche Macan GTS. Cars like this are best had with super low miles and his 20k mile copy is just that. The most loaded version with just a few miles and years on it letting the original buyer absorb the initial depreciation. That said, as with most used cars, comes some cosmetic issues that perhaps weren't of major concern to them but now that he has taken possession, he definitely wanted them addressed.

My Premium Enhancement Polish Approach did just that and then some. The vehicle is finished in Porsche's Vulcan Grey Metallic with hints of gloss and matte black accents which really set it off nicely. The downside is it also saw its fair share of tunnel car washes and most harmful were the times it went through the ones that had what I call the Woolly bear caterpillar style brushes along the wheel tracks. The kind that spin and SCRUB the wheels. Unfortunately with such W-I-D-E wheels and low profile tires, it's equivalent to scrubbing gloss-black wheels with scouring pads.

The paint had a fair bit of swirling too. Brushes and even soft-touch car washes will ruin the paint over time. They also use pretty strong chemicals that in MANY cases, including here, can stain anodized trim such as his roof rails (see pics). I got them about 95% restored to new though. Lastly, somewhere in the recent months the vehicle encountered some wet paint. The hood, roof and front end were spattered with tiny bits of white paint and under the passenger side, there's evidence of having driven over red paint. Short story, I had my correction work cut out for me this weekend.

The approach was simple; tackle 75% or better reduction in those imperfections, clean up the wheels as best possible and address all surfaces, paint, trim, wheels and glass with their respective coatings. The wheels were the only area that did not receive coating in this case and I'll cover more on that later. They did however, get as deep of a polish as they had left to take and are sealed up nicely but a ceramic on wheels with such imperfections and marring left wouldn't perform anywhere near the expected level. Surfaces need to be nearly perfect or those imperfections will greatly reduce the effective non-stick property of the coating.

Anyway, all-in the vehicle took a huge turn for the better and ended up with what I would eye-ball as nearly a 95% reduction to near full correction on painted surfaces. The trim restored VERY nicely and is now a deep rich matte black. The glass is polished and coated and overall it now looks better than the day it was delivered.

Onto the pics. I put some of the BEFORE shots at the end too.

I LOVE the color and the Yellow Accents the owner added.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Yes, this is what even soft-touch car washes can do to paint

original.jpg

The damage done to the wheels however is some of the worst I've seen

original.jpg

original.jpg

Even the trim can suffer damage from them

original.jpg

It cleaned up nicely though

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Gaddamn!!! I will say my company car 2019 MKC gets gas-station tunnel car washes, and at only 11k miles the swirling is crazy. Tim is spot-on…great to get a low-mile high-optioned car whenever possible.

I love the color with the lime accents but personally hate gloss black wheels. Not much brightwork elsewhere on the car though.

Looks awesome per the usual.

I love the color with the lime accents but personally hate gloss black wheels. Not much brightwork elsewhere on the car though.

Looks awesome per the usual.

The lime everything looks like cheap trash.

The Acid Green is a Porsche thing. I like all but the rear badge and he's actually going back to the stock matte black for that one. Wheel medic did the brake calipers and did a great job on them too.

Wheel wise, I'm normally not a fan of gloss black wheels either but in this case I think they really look good. It's too bad they are still only a 6/10 in my book due to the thrashing they received. He may re-do them in something else or at the very least another round of gloss black and this time, hand wash them.

Thanks for the props. This one was rewarding as it was a transformation he really noticed.