Clist find of the day

Mace1647545504

Yeah i get the far away thing but sometimes you have to play to the people you want to sell to.

I have a vert vette that i've waited too long to put up and a buddy of mine suggested putting it up in the southern states..which made sense.

But i agree..it hard ..or better yet scary..to buy something 500-1000 miles away sight unseen.

I feel like it's only "reasonably priced" because the market is bonkers right now. pre covid this would be a $7900 car.

The downsides:

- small engine, 272 ci, most people want the 312 thunderbird or interceptor Y blocks

- 4 door post sedan

- ugly interior combo that isn't original

- automatic transmission (2 speed)

Upsides:

- it's an original car that looks to have had very little metal work done (because texas)

- it's a desirable paint color combo for a 50's car

- interior (except carpet) looks new and is complete

- It's a desirable year and desirable trim level

- low miles

personally, I think it will sell at that price - most of the people that valued high optioned all original 50's cars are dying off and not buying stuff like this, and younger people buying can appreciate a nice presentable car that delivers a 50's driving experience for a good value. It's the kind of car that I don't think will ever appreciate much more than $10K but unless something happens, probably won't be any less than $10K either. The kind of old car you buy for the pure enjoyment of it as a relic.

Buddy of mine works at Lev's Pawn Shop where that waterbed Cadillac is for sale. base was a Cadillac Limo chassis. It was made for a local rap group who was doing a music video, but the group broke up. There aren't any headlights but it runs and drives. The "electrical tape", my guess, is to break up the huge white body visually.

Fun fact he discovered: when you drive it with water and people in the hot tub, you have to watch how hard you brake or it sloshes water all down your back. :lol:

There is a storage warehouse that has an amazing amount of stuff and some really interesting cars as well.

Buddy of mine works at Lev's Pawn Shop where that waterbed Cadillac is for sale. base was a Cadillac Limo chassis. It was made for a local rap group who was doing a music video, but the group broke up. There aren't any headlights but it runs and drives. The "electrical tape", my guess, is to break up the huge white body visually.

Fun fact he discovered: when you drive it with water and people in the hot tub, you have to watch how hard you brake or it sloshes water all down your back. :lol:

There is a storage warehouse that has an amazing amount of stuff and some really interesting cars as well.

small world.... I know two people who work or worked there.

Its a really clean C4. I mean you won't have to vacuum out the lost coke and hooker pubes out of the cracks in the seat cushions, but that still doesn't make it $15K. I fell like if it was LS swapped though, it might be worth it, but as it sits, nah.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/lebanon-convertible-truck-wheel-dr/7400242607.html

I just got an email from haggerty on this truck...it was one to watch going up in price

Those old Dakota convertible pickups were always interesting. They had a 3.9L v6 that was a 318 with 2 cylinders lopped off (similar to the chevy 4.3L v6), which made it easy for people to do v8 swaps into them later. I knew a guy on Long Island that drove a 1991 from new until it finally rotted into the ground about 5 years ago.

FWIW there is a really nice white sport vert parked out at buckeye lake. less than 4000 made in 3 years production there aren't many out there.