New House Bill Would Allow Residents to Carry Guns Without License

Otis Nice

See this is a perfect example of your opinion.

an opinion built from nearly 20 years of training, work experience, education, etc...vs what? your 5 min of google search and suddenly you think you and I are on the same level (or worse you are on the same level as a supreme court judge).

Thank you for illustrating the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_Effect_01.svg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an opinion built from nearly 20 years of training, work experience, education, etc...vs what? your 5 min of google search and suddenly you think you and I are on the same level (or worse you are on the same level as a supreme court judge).

Thank you for illustrating the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_Effect_01.svg

Oh no, I am more than aware that a supreme court judge knows more than me. The problem is that YOU see yourself on the same level as a supreme court judge and YOU think you know it all.

Based on your graph i'd say you are somewhere on the upswing of the Valley of Despair and I am still back at the "low confidence - Know nothing" level of constitutional law. I do have over 20 years of Internet experience though

Oh no, I am more than aware that a supreme court judge knows more than me. The problem is that YOU see yourself on the same level as a supreme court judge and YOU think you know it all.

Nowhere in any previous post did I hold myself out as being "smarter" than anybody. I am a professional explaining a professional process that most people don't usually get a glimpse of and how just random google searches and reading NRA pamphlets is not going to hold it's own against ANY court decision (not just the supreme court).

I am sorry that your personal insecurities have led you to think that this makes me seem like a know it all. I don't know it all, but I do know more than you about this one thing and you seem to be struggling with that. Worse than that you seem to be taking my offer to explain it as an insult to your intelligence, which I don't intend but am also not really sympathetic about either.

Based on your graph i'd say you are somewhere on the upswing of the Valley of Despair and I am still back at the "low confidence - Know nothing" level of constitutional law. I do have over 20 years of Internet experience though

You are on the ascent of mount stupid. You don't even know what it is you don't know to begin to conduct the actual research needed to discuss this at the level that is needed . You think finding a random definition in a google search is somehow going to "clarify" the central issue to what is now a massively controversial political football. Seems like a pretty clear mix of overconfidence and lack of knowledge to me.

I do not need the crowd to agree with me, for I do not agree with what the crowd does.

I can appreciate all the law exposure you have had, and your acceptance to the processes within it. It's unfortunate that it seems to leave you blind or unable to relate with the common folks, or the "lays". While you are on your legal pedestal with your view of what most Americans don't see or understand, it seems to escape you that you could bridge that gap. Reread what you wrote above. You could have summarized with, research, research with research about all the research. So, research proves it be right. We have a legal system that waivers a lot. As recently as the 1970's the Supreme Court ruled the death penalty was cruel and unusual punishment. But here we are, still doing it in 36 states, even though 16 state still won't do it. We have federal laws and state laws conflicting with each other far too often. Citizens have just come to accept that there are too many laws and too frequent of change in them to stay informed of them all. Here is where you could be of help, Kerry. But, you do not. You are condescending to the "lays" for not being in agreeance and buying in to what you have. Like most Americans, you would benefit from learning more about the Constitution and reading it. You are a perfect example of why so many people dislike those within the legal system.