So I did a Buck thing

Buck531

And went and picked up this on Sunday. 2012 Caprice PPV. 6.0 L77 LS motor (yay). Was used as a supervisor's transit car in Cleveland. Rust isn't bad. From the guy who flipped it to me said that they have an underbody wash when they park them in the winter/snow shit. It's a little rough but not too bad. Fucking thing is HUGE on the inside. I'll grab some more pics when it warms up later today.

Best part (so far) about this car is when I was driving down 71 from Akron ish area Sunday night people would be flying up on the left side and literally hit the brakes and pace me and not want to drive around me. Hell one guy from NY in a Tahoe or whatever SUV was going about 85, saw the car, slowed down and got in between me and the car that was behind me (my wife) for a solid 15 minutes. Fucker wouldn't pass me. This probably happened a dozen times in the 2 hour drive from up North :gabe: :lolguy:

I made a post on the FS section. I need 4 wheels/tires as two rims are bent on this thing. If anyone has anything worth it let me know.

51736166320_270ff6f28b_c.jpg

Awesome purchase. Are you planning to daily it? As you well know, it's a tune away from being a really fun daily driver.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm going to fix the Regal I have and sell it. Friend already sold me an intake for it last night and (depending on how it sounds) do a muffler delete. Hell there are 4 cats, 2 mufflers, 2 resonators and cross over muffler thingy.

I've already had Kyle (chavo360 on here) at Wyler unlock the radio and just tune out the DOD. I know it's physically still there and i'll address that some other month. Carfax showed the DOD already failed and wiped out the cam at like 50k miles, oil pump, balancer, motor mounts a few times.

So far it's pretty fun to drive. Never owned an LS car before. I'm really surprised on how it picks up speed. Apparently from from what I've seen online it's an LS2 bottom end with LS3 heads and about 365 hp and run 14.1 bone stock.

Drop a stock LS3 cam in there to physically delete the DoD shit, get a CAI for sounds, and install a Borla exhaust for a nice deep rumble. Every other LS exhaust is overkill (which is fine for funcars, but not thayt).

Actually I had a friend on FB in Indiana and I got a roto-fab cai for $170.

Debating on exhaust. Scott Kirk made his muffler delete. I need to hear it in person. Might go that route.

Probably will do a cam swap and get rid of DOD in the summer. Then just drive the shit out of it.

• 2 weeks later...