Home Defense for the wife

Sully

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I had also stopped at Vance's after work on Friday to pick their brain a bit. What I've decided that it boils down to is what several of you have stated. She needs to be comfortable with it. So, instead of just getting her a gun, I'm going to take her to the range to let her try a few different ones.

If the CCP was on the radar for the fits the hand check, I'll gladly let you borrow mine for range time.

This thread reminded me to look into what my wife would be comfortable using at home. Ended up with a Tarus .38 revolver. Heavy enough to not kick that much, but a good size for her to be comfortable with it. Found one at Vance's for $319. Ammo is still hard to get but I have a bit of .38 and bought the one box of 250 they had left on the shelf. (way overpaid, but can't pass up buying the stuff when I find it)

I have up a 357mag myself, extra weight to handle 357 but keep it loaded with 38spl making it very easy for the wife to shoot.

I tried that, but my S&W 357 is a bit too heavy for her to be comfortable with. That gun is the reason I had .38 rounds because I enjoy shooting that thing with the .38. :)

Having a lightweight gun for a female is not a good thing

The weight to handle 357 is already there so when shooting 38 spl it’s really tame. My point was that it’s a snub nose so when compared to full size 357’s, it’s comparatively light.

Edit, you can always get her this. https://tippmannarmory.com/gatling-gun/

So sully what did you get her??????

From the suggestions early in the thread, I decided to not just surprise her with one. She needs to try a few different guns to determine what is going to be best for her. She needs to be comfortable picking it up and using. After the holiday crap settles down, we'll take a day trip to the range and test a few.