2021 Tesla Model Y in Glorious Black Rounds out the Season

TTQ B4U

As I wind down the 2021 Detailing season I couldn't have asked for a cooler car to do it with. This new 2021 Model Y Performance came to me as a referral from my friend Brian, a fellow Columbus Racing Member, who had his vehicle done a few years back. The owner Dennis picked up the beauty about 2 weeks ago after waiting 3 months and a strong detail and paint protection film (PPF) were both high on his list of first modifications. =AZWerfokS2q_rfQPXOhmJzZSqgM6R4XnvF1afZIfmnCFf7FEkLwb9mb8NcgaaFSt2uO0elbKg2f__seUK-9ER0f-2iY0XCbdH6AnFDVfszr9hDQYyNBLLB7sUA96WjZABOs&__tn__=-]K-R"]Julius Poa (my PPF Expert) is are up next in just a week or so to ensure this rides stays perfect.

Unfortunately, Tesla isn't known for fit and finish and the paint usually does come in from the factory with a number of blemishes and this one was no exception. (see a few pics I've included here) The good news is even the scratches, water spots and misc marring on the paint and trim were easy enough to resolve.

Here my new Vehicle Paint Preservation package involved a FULL 100% correction and ceramic coatings over the paint, trim, glass, and wheels.

Now she looks as good finish-wise as one would expect from a car of this price range and now the appearance matches the performance. 1f4aa.png1f60e.png

I wish mother nature would have given me good lighting for outside pics. The driveway shots don't due it justice with no fluffy white clouds to show off the gloss and clarity of the finish. Welcome to Ohio right?

Thanks for viewing.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Imagine paying a premium for a car that comes from the factory with a MAACO quality paint job.

I can fix the paint, but the mis-aligned panels.....that's the part that kills me. This one wasn't horrible but it does need a few adjustments.

• Driver side from bumper clips are not fully seated but that could be due to the fact that Tesla had to replace the entire nose due to damage when shipping it.
  • The passenger door is out about 1/8th to 3/16th's of an inch. No wind noise but it's noticeable.
  • the driver side rear tail lamp is rubbing the rear bumper too. Squeaks whenever it's touched and will surely wear down the paint if not addressed.
  • Lastly, the window trim moldings are not aligned very well either. Every panel is off just about 1/8th or so too. Crazy. It's funny what I see getting intimate with these cars like I do. :p

The QC and assembly crew must have all failed out of finished carpentry. :no: