2022 Car Plans

zeitgeist57

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tires for the Cherokee, maybe a mild lift, convenience mods (storage, lighting).

Wife's Fit-shifter bushing. It's been getting sloppier with age.

RX-7-drive it. Also, reliability upgrades as in a better oil cooler and lines. Shifter, looking into a new clutch and suspension upgrades. It is nearly 40 years old at this point.

MT or DCT?

6MT. I'm not as interested in the fast shifts as I am enjoying driving it.

I have some black 19x9.5 Ultraleggeras Ill be looking to sell soon. I think they are the right fitment for S4's. If you're interested.

If they are 5x112 and a 30-38ish offset I would be interested in pics and a price. I wasn't really interested in black, but if I like them I can always have them powder coated.

The LS swap on my IROC should be done in a month or so and then my plans are to absolutely drive the wheels off of that car. It has been about 30 years since I daily drove a 3rd gen in the summer and I am hoping this is the year that I will start doing that again. I also am hoping to get to a bunch of shows with one of the Camaro's and really enjoy them as they have pretty much been garage art for the last few years!

If saving $20 at the pump every couple weeks makes or breaks me going on vacations, please kill me.

The LS swap on my IROC should be done in a month or so and then my plans are to absolutely drive the wheels off of that car. It has been about 30 years since I daily drove a 3rd gen in the summer and I am hoping this is the year that I will start doing that again. I also am hoping to get to a bunch of shows with one of the Camaro's and really enjoy them as they have pretty much been garage art for the last few years!

Please post pictures of everything <3

Edited by Not Brian

giphy.gif

I'm gonna see how far I can get on the 300ZX project this year...not sure I'll have it running by the end of the year, but definitely want all the paint, bodywork, interior, and maybe some brakes/suspension finished by year end. Everything depends on how much the paint/bodywork is going to hit the budget...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1. Race car's currently at the shop now getting some nice upgrades done. I'd like to hpde/race it at least once a month starting in April.

2. Possibly buy another foxbody.

3. Possibly sell the Viper.

4. Get a new tune on the AMG.

tumblr_m7nlzmPHD71qhy2qqo10_r1_250.gifv

Nah man, looking to to enjoy what I enjoy and be incognito.

Less power and better reliability/drivability?

Squeeze a few more MPGs on less octane. It's running on 93 and barely beats the Viper's mileage around the city.

Thanks O'biden.

ah, you should get a Prius Prime, but I doubt the supply will get to the point where you can have your pick of color/options. Less money on gas means more money for Hawaii and points further (Europe, China, etc)

Get a credit card that earns miles + buy a car with a big V8 and use credit card for gas = profit

feel-me-think-about-it.gif

White knight some maintenance *shudders* on the 135i. Weve deferred enough maint.

Por15 the underside of the TJ and drive it topless all spring/summer. Get doors, fix hard top crack.

Sell softail, re-obtain dual sport prob a crf300l if I can find one

Buy new funcar but, when mkt cools off. all the $80k covid millionaire stimulus checks run out eventually

‘13 300C - Trade in on a Grand Cherokee L

‘13 Focus ST - Somehow turn it into a truck

‘99 Wrangler - Continue to replace little stuff and enjoy it with the family

‘71 Demon 340 - Refresh some things on the 30 year old resto, basic tune up

‘70 Cutlass Rallye 350 - Wheel swap, maybe suspension depending on the wheel choice

1. Race car's currently at the shop now getting some nice upgrades done. I'd like to hpde/race it at least once a month starting in April.

2. Possibly buy another foxbody.

3. Possibly sell the Viper.

4. Get a new tune on the AMG.

Hopefully you keep those of us who do track days posted on your schedule…

I’m doing mid Ohio in June with Ohio valley pca and Putnam in September with 10/10ths.

ah, you should get a Prius Prime, but I doubt the supply will get to the point where you can have your pick of color/options. Less money on gas means more money for Hawaii and points further (Europe, China, etc)

Love it.

Karting will continue to consume the majority of my time. My son made great progress last year and hope to continue that. Need to figure out schedule and primary tracks for the year and may try to branch out to tracks further away too. Went to Charlotte a couple times last year to one of the fastest and most competitive tracks in the country and that was fun.

I need new dailies for both my wife and myself and have held that off since 2020 due to COVID and then the market BS.

FD will get maintenance and hopefully some decent street miles, but I don’t anticipate any time or money for track days with it this year.