Critique my garage build plan

Trouble Maker

Craig, thanks again for walking me through your process! I really appreciate the call.

Went to the local commission meeting and it was also interesting.

There were 4 garage variances brought up at the zoning and variance committee last week, 2 were recommended and 2 weren't (voted down). However after that they all still go to the local commission. They all passed pretty easily at the commission meeting yesterday. My local commissioner did voice his opinion that he doesn't like the taller garages, however he did still vote 2 of them up. So that could be a hurdle. He did seem reasonable so I hope with our story, why we are doing what we are doing VS some other way that wouldn't need a variance, we can win him over. I could follow them to the BZA but I don't imagine they'll see any issues there.

Land of the "free". What a bunch of crock. Ken is going to tell you what you can and can't do with your own land that you paid for, paid a sales tax on, and pay prop taxes on annually? Psssh.

will any cars going into this thing have over 250hp

Irrelevant. Could be stuffed full of canned goods. Who cares if he fills it with corn and beans? What business is it of yours or anyone else's so long as it's not being used to harm others or their prop? You a commie or a democrat? Gotta be one or the other.

Weak troll.

sell house and move to country.... profit. you're also dealing with people who approve two story houses height wise and frown upon garages not as tall.

This...contingent on the "country" you move to.

Craig, thanks again for walking me through your process! I really appreciate the call.

Went to the local commission meeting and it was also interesting.

There were 4 garage variances brought up at the zoning and variance committee last week, 2 were recommended and 2 weren't (voted down). However after that they all still go to the local commission. They all passed pretty easily at the commission meeting yesterday. My local commissioner did voice his opinion that he doesn't like the taller garages, however he did still vote 2 of them up. So that could be a hurdle. He did seem reasonable so I hope with our story, why we are doing what we are doing VS some other way that wouldn't need a variance, we can win him over. I could follow them to the BZA but I don't imagine they'll see any issues there.

You're very welcome. Try to ask the details on why they voted down the two garages (if possible). Sometimes it's just aesthetics (exterior finishes) / failure to "blend in" with the neighborhood. Once we explained how we were matching roof pitch to the house, exterior finished/details to match house we had no issues. Also, depends on the number of variances needed. In our case, the square footage of the garage itself and the placement on the lot were fine. The variance itself was on total square footage - or in other words, to allow us to keep the existing attached garage.

In your case, with no existing garage and a (relatively) minor overage on square footage, it trim/finishes have it matching the house, I would think it would be relatively easy. As to the height, take a look at the ones being built on North Broadway - two story garages that match the houses....

Irrelevant. Could be stuffed full of canned goods. Who cares if he fills it with corn and beans? What business is it of yours or anyone else's so long as it's not being used to harm others or their prop? You a commie or a democrat? Gotta be one or the other.

Weak troll.

You're so hilariously irrelevant but feel the need to reply to every single post on a dying forum as if you were. Go drive your disgusting jalopy of the month off a cliff and make CR better.

You're so hilariously irrelevant but feel the need to reply to every single post on a dying forum as if you were. Go drive your disgusting jalopy of the month off a cliff and make CR better.

:lolguy: I posted drunk at almost 2:00 a.m. and it rusted your jimmies. Admit it, you'd miss me. :masturboy: I don't even remember posting that and just now checked the forums for the first time today. lol

Gotta go! LOT of posts I haven't ever replied to and I have work to do!

[emoji38]guy: I posted drunk at almost 2:00 a.m. and it rusted your jimmies. Admit it, you'd miss me. :masturboy: I don't even remember posting that and just now checked the forums for the first time today. lol

Gotta go! LOT of posts I haven't ever replied to and I have work to do!

Being 40 years old and drunk posting makes this better?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Being 40 years old and drunk posting makes this better?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1) I'm not 40.

2) I didn't say it made it better. I admitted what I did, owned it, and explained myself.

3) What's it to ya? If the worse I do on the rare occasion I drink like that is comment on a "dying forum" I think I'm fine. :lol:

Sorry for offending you as well.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114875e9768dc2e9275f41cf22b600376381a3c9b5&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g