Mad River Mountain LoL

AWW$HEEET

People be getting covid snowboarding?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

No they just dont have enough staff. The owner said raising their min wage to $11.25 an hour was the largest investment they madr all year.

Plus the place is in the middle of fucking nowhere so probably difficult to attract workers

My friend worked as a ski patrol there yrs back making $7.25. Im like dude you actually lose money working there after gas is factored in.

Nobody on ski patrol there makes any money, it's all volunteer. Your friend is either an idiot or lying, but probably both.

Ski patrol anywhere is basically a losing proportion from a cost/pay standpoint. Ski Patrols all over the west have been fighting with companies (Vail mostly?) over pay. These people can out-ski most people on the planet with a toboggan behind them, have life saving skills and often some other third significant skill like avalanche control using explosives or munitions. One place out there is fighting for starting pay of $17/hr and the company offered $15/hr. All of that skill for $15/hr in a place where $1million might get you a shack.

Nobody on ski patrol there makes any money, it's all volunteer. Your friend is either an idiot or lying, but probably both.

Ski patrol anywhere is basically a losing proportion from a cost/pay standpoint. Ski Patrols all over the west have been fighting with companies (Vail mostly?) over pay. These people can out-ski most people on the planet with a toboggan behind them, have life saving skills and often some other third significant skill like avalanche control using explosives or munitions. One place out there is fighting for starting pay of $17/hr and the company offered $15/hr. All of that skill for $15/hr in a place where $1million might get you a shack.

My mistake, he wasnt patrol, he was teaching ski lessons. Wasnt lying, id been there while he was workin.

But yeah its a losing proposition. He did get free ski passes but why the hell would you want to drive up there on your off days.

All of those places out west treat their workers like trash. I had a few friends move out there to work the resorts after high school and they spent so much time working 2-3 jobs to pay rent they barely got to use their ski passes you get for wrong there. They would basically get in an hour worth of ski time a day.

All of those places out west treat their workers like trash. I had a few friends move out there to work the resorts after high school and they spent so much time working 2-3 jobs to pay rent they barely got to use their ski passes you get for wrong there. They would basically get in an hour worth of ski time a day.

So, I'll preface this and say all people should be treated with respect and make a livable wage. However the reality is those people where snowboard/ski bum lifties with little more than a high school degree. Not in the same realm as someone skiing down a 40-50 degree slope with explosives on their back, placing them and running away from the avalanche they just purposefully created.

MRM has been on steady decline since they burned down their lodge and were bought out by Vail Resorts. I'd be pissed if I bought a season pass. I don't think MRM will go under for a while, they will just be bought out by a shitty venture capital firm that owns malls or something.

Snow Trails started blowing back when we had the cold snap in November and stockpiled their snow so they could open for Xmas break. Last I heard they had to limit ticket sales because they were beyond capacity (everybody jumping ship from MRM). I wish the hill wasn't so small, the lodge has so much personality and their shop is actually quite decent.