Rivian truck

Forrest Gump 9

Rivian's HQ is in Detroit, their plan is in Normal IL (old DSM plant), and quite a few from the auto industry in central Ohio went to work for Rivian. From what I can also gather, they seem to be allowing some employee's to use/drive the cars on long trips, probably as a kind of test. I think they are going to use the Electrify America chargers, so I imagine they are seeing how long distance trips with their cars on that network work.

Not too far fetched to think someone is back in Central Ohio who worked in the auto industry here is now working for Rivian and back visiting friends or family.

Rivian's HQ is in Detroit, their plan is in Normal IL (old DSM plant), and quite a few from the auto industry in central Ohio went to work for Rivian. From what I can also gather, they seem to be allowing some employee's to use/drive the cars on long trips, probably as a kind of test. I think they are going to use the Electrify America chargers, so I imagine they are seeing how long distance trips with their cars on that network work.

Not too far fetched to think someone is back in Central Ohio who worked in the auto industry here is now working for Rivian and back visiting friends or family.

True, although they have moved a lot of development and engineering from suburban Detroit (Plymouth). Employees were given the option of transferring to Irvine, CA or leaving. If you saw the Instagram of the guy driving his Rivian from Plymouth to Orvine while towing his Mustang, he was doing this trip because his job was moved.

I'm sure they'll still have a presence in the Detroit area due to suppliers and support (they announced an investment to expand Plymouth to add a 24 hour customer support staff, and they claim an investment in Dearborn for a design center), but it's not HQ anymore.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Didn't really mean to say HQ, or realize it was moved to CA, just that they have a presence there. Everyone I've known to go there seems to be moving out to CA, so makes sense the HQ is there now.

If you saw the Instagram of the guy driving his Rivian from Plymouth to Orvine while towing his Mustang, he was doing this trip because his job was moved.

A buddy I worked with who's in CA w/Rivian now posted he used one for holiday vacation trip to see family in FL, so seems like it's a thing they are doing.

it's small. disappoint.

rivian-r1t-pickup-truck-vs-2020-tacoma-trd-pro-2-jpg.2098

Yeah, the Silverado, Hummer, and F150 are/will be full size trucks. The Hummer is huge. Of course, the Hummer is in a different price class, but the Silverado and F150 will compete closely on price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk