6.5 creedmore recommendation

STEVE-O

Been looking and searching but wanted to get some thoughts from others

If you had say a $2500 budget including optic to buy/ build a precision bolt what would you go after ??

So far for what I Have been pricing new it doesn’t seem like I’ll be able to make it happen at that budget and would be closer to 3k but I easily could be overlooking

Ruger Precision Rifle - $1400

Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 - $$800

Leaves you $300 for rings, bipod, etc... Might run you a little more with tax, shipping, ffl, etc... But you can get in the ballpark of $2500.

Those prices are from Buds Guns on the RPR and Optics Planet on the Vortex Viper.

I have the RPR and love it. I put a Vortex Razor on mine though, that'll blow your budget. If you can take advantage of the military/LEO deal through Vortex you can save a bit of money.

I have a Savage 110 in 6.5 that is dead accurate. I bought it years ago when prices were better but even by today standard you can get you a Savage with plenty of room for your choice of scope/bipod/etc. I'm sure there are better triggers out there but I really like the Savage trigger. I have it on a pimped out .22 bolt Savage too (same trigger) and I really like them.

Vortex makes amazing scopes for the price point. Honestly think they are better than a lot of pricier products. So definitely a second on that.

On my savage I have a Nightforce 8-32 Precision which is crystal clear and can see way farther than I can shoot accurately lol. Really nice scope that can fit in your budget too.

Double...

Just seen this. https://gun.deals/product/remington-model-700-magpul-black-bolt-action-rifle-65-creedmoor-99999

I don't have a m700 but they are amazing guns for sure. Among the "brand name" of bolt actions for sure. Pretty nice stock and setup for a build. Add your scope/bipod/etc. and you'd be in budget too.

Thanks

Can’t wait to get it and start dialing it in. I haven’t shot past 400 yards yet but now feeling some good Motivation to better my skill and have some fun going out to 1000+

I don't shoot mine much any more because I mostly shoot at a range that is only 100 yards. It's boring that short. Unless you want to try shooting quarters or dimes at that range. At some point I'd like to try and stretch it's legs out to a mile. Once I got dialed in at 1000 yards it was almost boringly automatic.