NE Ohio Supercar gathering.

Tonik

What date works best for you.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the date that best works for you, but only if you are going. Multiple choices are allowed.

• Thursday Aug 11
    • Friday Aug 12
    • Saturday Aug 13
    • Sunday Aug 14

I have done this in Vegas, it is epic. We should gather up one day and do it as a group. Pay money and drive a Supercar on the track. Fastest lap time gets a handy from @Casper

https://www.thextremexperience.com/tracks/nelson-ledges-road-course/

Adding a poll for the four days so we can pick a day that works best for most folks. This will be informal in the sense that I am not arranging jack shit except a place to eat afterwards. There is a good BBQ place just down the street. 

Consider a weekday, it will be less crowded.

Edited by Tonik

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll give someone $10 if they get under 20's at Nelsons in one of those rental cars.

For those of you ignorant people I mean 1:20.

hmmm some of the car guys probably do track days/road race or at least auto X.  they could probably hit 20's with 500+ HP assuming they're allowed to wring it out a little.  I think some of the decent S2000 guys were hitting 20's?  Not sure what the car times are like there.

18 minutes ago, jbot said:

hmmm some of the car guys probably do track days/road race or at least auto X.  they could probably hit 20's with 500+ HP assuming they're allowed to wring it out a little.  I think some of the decent S2000 guys were hitting 20's?  Not sure what the car times are like there.

Buddy was running his newly rebuilt porsche cayman s there last year and I came up to watch and let him use my lap timer. First time there and drove all day. PB for the day was in the 19's somewhere.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Buddy was running his newly rebuilt porsche cayman s there last year and I came up to watch and let him use my lap timer. First time there and drove all day. PB for the day was in the 19's somewhere.

nice!  gotta love the caymans.

• Upvote 1

I have done a free ride along in a Z06 that lapped at 1:12:XX. Completely different experience in a car. Strapped in a harness I thought I was going to end up with bruised shoulders from the heavy braking. Little feel of acceleration though, nothing like a motorcycle. Car was stock with the exception of an extensive brake upgrade.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Punk said:

I have done a free ride along in a Z06 that lapped at 1:12:XX. Completely different experience in a car. Strapped in a harness I thought I was going to end up with bruised shoulders from the heavy braking. Little feel of acceleration though, nothing like a motorcycle. Car was stock with the exception of an extensive brake upgrade.    

Sounds like @TimTheAznowes your buddy 10 bucks.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 10:25 AM, Tonik said:

That was a pleasure to watch. You took directions extremely well.

Not sure if I like the defined markers for every aspect of the lap. Different vehicles have different strengths and attributes which could change some of those markers drastically. A light car without much horsepower should have different braking and turn in markers that a heavy high horsepower car has.

The ride along I did was with an instructor that was putting on the trackday. He was easily the fastest street car there and we passed everything on the track except for a single seat kit car that had a motorcycle engine in it. Tim can keep his $10, that small of a bet makes him sound like he could be part Jewish. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbot said:

Not sure what the car times are like there

1:05 is the car track record. Most of the classes that run there are under 1:20 but of course they know their cars well. I think one of us could do it but it will be close.

All I know is that in Vegas I was faster than Lebron James. He owes me 10 bucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

haha My bet was made due to the fact that you guys aren't driving your own cars. And I feel like the instructor will neuter you before you get to 19 or under pace. I'll paypal $10 the first to break under the 1:20 mark whenever you do this. Depending on the day I might come up and watch. I have a TD that Friday, endurance race on Saturday that weekend but Thurs (I could possibly call off and then just leave from the track to Pitt) or come sunday on the way home. 

17 hours ago, Tonik said:

1:05 is the car track record. Most of the classes that run there are under 1:20 but of course they know their cars well. I think one of us could do it but it will be close.

All I know is that in Vegas I was faster than Lebron James. He owes me 10 bucks.

Bike record is a 1:04 with 2 less tires. :D I watched that lap in person. Mesa was flyin. Pretty sure the last 2 lap records there were done by guys that never have been there before besides that weekend. There's still time to be had.

I'm pretty sure cars have been around there faster than 5's. Thought they were under or almost under a min. Talking race cars though, aero, the whole shebang.

Edited by TimTheAzn

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll paypal $10 the first to break under the 1:20 mark whenever you do this.

How interesting. I might have to work on this. I don't have a car capable of doing this but I have access to a base Cayman that would be fun to try taking your $10.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

How interesting. I might have to work on this. I don't have a car capable of doing this but I have access to a base Cayman that would be fun to try taking your $10.

Woooo, let's use my kids Delorean. We can turn negative lap times.

Just now, Otis Nice said:

$10? Any CBro knows a $20 is a $20. Apparently the Biker Boyz have half the wheels and half the income. Pony up some big bucks, fellas. This is homo.co now.

In his defense, he is really bad at math.

• Haha 1