Gasoline Theft - Drilled Fuel Tank

POS VETT

This photo was taken earlier this week. A '21 Toyota Highlander came in for a fuel tank replacement. The damage costs just about $1200 in parts and $1080 in labor. The tank has a capacity of 17.9 gallons. At about $4/gallon, the gasoline was worth $72 if the tank was full. The numbers boggle my mind.

Can you see the hole?

mipi1Zl.jpeg

• Downvote 1

I have ben seeing this in the news. With the prices you quoted I would have a melt down. Not saying you are out of line on price just the whole situation. Glad I park ours in a garage.

• 2 months later...

what would it take like half an hour to drain 17 gallons through that little hole?

did they hack off the cats while they waited for the fuel to drain? good thing the crackheads haven't figured out multi-tasking yet

On 7/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, RymerC said:

what would it take like half an hour to drain 17 gallons through that little hole?

did they hack off the cats while they waited for the fuel to drain? good thing the crackheads haven't figured out multi-tasking yet

They may blow up with fumes and a spark...

• Beer 1

• 7 months later...
34 minutes ago, AlanSmith7 said:

17 gallons its a huge……..

Not so much for a full-size SUV.  I've got an '18 F150 3.5TT equipped for towing and it's got a 36 gal tank--single, not dual.

I have to apply for a loan when I fill up from empty.... 😰

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Not so much for a full-size SUV.  I've got an '18 F150 3.5TT equipped for towing and it's got a 36 gal tank--single, not dual.

We match, but I have the 2.7TT. I love the 36 gallon tank, but when fuel was ~$5/gallon I spent $175 filling it. That sort of sucked. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:15 AM, Bubba said:

I have the same truck. Fuck the gas stations that stop them pumps at $100. 

• Beer 1