Tonik got a new one!

Tonik

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What is that? Another vulcan? No way that replaced the wing right?

It's a Harley Road Glide Limited!

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

How in the fuck do they sell these piles of shit to anyone? And I mean anyone.

It has no power.

It will not hold a line in a corner, it is all over the god damn place. Even Deb noticed that and she isn't piloting it.

Hot as fuck. Jesus. And they have the front end opened blasting air up through the forks. I hope to hell it doesn't rain.

Uncomfortable as fuck too. Handlebars way to low and wide. The seat is made out of hardened shit I think.

We decided today, we are buying a second Wing and will store it out west. Fly to it, ride somewhere new. Store it again and fly home.

1 minute ago, Pauly said:

I'm honestly surprised it was gutless. They're known for gobs of low end. Do you think the rental place has them detuned for the average Harley Bro?

You know what, today was 90+ for 350 miles to get to Salt Lake City. So my experience is rolling back on after some slow ass got in my way. It is gutless up there, the Wing isn't.

I will be able to report more on the low end tomorrow when we get to Brice Canyon. Although the way this thing corners I won't be pushing it. At. All.

Nope, it's a dog out of the hole.

The gear indicator turns off if you pull in the clutch. Drop the side stand while on gear it still runs. I looked under there, that is how they built it.

That said still a great trip. Hit the Great Salt Lake just now. Heading to some ghost towns and then to Brice Canyon today.

Edited by Tonik

5 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

This is why my dad sold his Harley. After getting the wing, he could never enjoy riding it, knowing the wing is better in every way.

Harley does win on the Nav. Not much different but the touch screen is a game changer. Still shocked Honda didn't do that. It is a serious WTF.

Edited by Tonik

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Harley does win on the Nav. Not much different but the touch screen is a game changer. Still shocked Honda didn't do that. It is a serious WTF.

Yeah my biggest disappointment in the wing was the apple CarPlay and the navigation. It could be so much better.

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

Looks like an amazing ride even on a Harley. 

It was, even being off season week day there was no shenanigans. Too much traffic but not enough to piss you off.

36 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Looks like a great trip 👍 We are hoping to get there this fall 

We were just sitting in a restaurant at the MGM talking about a fall trip. Looks like fly to Seattle and rent again. Washington, Oregon and Idaho will complete the lower 48 for us.

Next year, Alaska. No debate on that one.

Awesome looking trip!

Zion's still one of my favorite parks.

I'm at 47/50.  Will probably try to get to ND and SD this year, then hopefully Alaska next year too, and that would be all 50!  We may go to Japan in 2023 which would push Alaska to 2024.

Edited by Trouble Maker

2 hours ago, Trouble Maker said:

Awesome looking trip!

Zion's still one of my favorite parks.

I'm at 47/50.  Will probably try to get to ND and SD this year, then hopefully Alaska next year too, and that would be all 50!  We may go to Japan in 2023 which would push Alaska to 2024.

Not going to do Hawaii. Been there many times and don't really like it. For some reason ND was a PITA for us to get done. We got it passing through to central Canada.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1