Tonik got a new one!

Tonik

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

Not going to do Hawaii. Been there many times and don't really like it. For some reason ND was a PITA for us to get done. We got it passing through to central Canada.

Ah, this is all you've done together?

My wife had 30~40 when we got together, and I was at 20~25.  We've probably done 30+ together, some overlapping our previous trips before.  Her last was Hawaii and we went there for our 10th anniversary.  I really did like it there.  But for me just liking a place isn't enough to make me need to go back soon, I have to love it.  Because there are so many other places in the world to visit that I haven't been to yet.  I'd rather go to a new place than some place I just liked.  I really want to go to Alaska but want it to be my last state.

I spent around 15 years going to Northern MN every winter for work, I really should have taken a day and went over to ND/SD at some point.  What I imainge is there's just not so much to draw someone to visit the area, and things are also really far apart.  So you may need to make a trip just to go there, which doesn't seem that appealing.  It seems like you almost have to drive there, and it's far, so there's another time suck.  Just lots of little things that seems like it's hard to go to the area.  No so much hard but when I think about doing a trip there VS somewhere else, the other place wins out.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:19 PM, Tonik said:

How in the fuck do they sell these piles of shit to anyone? And I mean anyone.

It has no power.

It will not hold a line in a corner, it is all over the god damn place. Even Deb noticed that and she isn't piloting it.

Hot as fuck. Jesus. And they have the front end opened blasting air up through the forks. I hope to hell it doesn't rain.

Uncomfortable as fuck too. Handlebars way to low and wide. The seat is made out of hardened shit I think.

We decided today, we are buying a second Wing and will store it out west. Fly to it, ride somewhere new. Store it again and fly home.

Let me know if you need help with that second wing…

28 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Let me know if you need help with that second wing…

Hell yeah, if you want to pay for part of my second Wing I won't turn that down. 🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Trouble Maker said:

Awesome looking trip!

Zion's still one of my favorite parks.

I'm at 47/50.  Will probably try to get to ND and SD this year, then hopefully Alaska next year too, and that would be all 50!  We may go to Japan in 2023 which would push Alaska to 2024.

Headed back for work again? Do me a favor and let me down on the Blanton's black label one more time. lol

God does flying suck anymore. I blame the airlines with the baggage charges. Everyone carries a ton of shit on, making it a nightmare to get on and off.

Kudos to Delta though for awesome in flight entertainment choices. I binged Rick and Morty on the way back.

Home.

• Beer 1

Runny nose, sore throat and a positive at home COVID test. Going to CVS for test and treat at 730 tonight.

Started Wednesday night, I don't feel too bad at all really.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

That Porsche is magic.

Great, plane Covid. I flew to Florida in December and got me some Covid. I'm flying to Atlanta in June and half expecting the same shit. 

Thanks for reminding me to dread the upcoming flight. 

if it makes you feel better, I flew the day after they announced no more mask requirement, from FL to OH, on a Spirit flight no less and escaped it 

I flew Spirit in December, would have used them again but had to meet a specific schedule so flying Delta in June. Maybe keeping away from the scuzzy masses on Spirit will save me. Delta was twice the price of Spirit and after I booked they offered me an upgrade to first class for $110 more. Upgrade my ass that's all I want to pay.

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, Uncle Punk said:

That Porsche is magic.

Great, plane Covid. I flew to Florida in December and got me some Covid. I'm flying to Atlanta in June and half expecting the same shit. 

Thanks for reminding me to dread the upcoming flight. 

I'm going to be in Atlanta a few times in the next couple months.  I won't be flying, as any air travel with the company has to be approved by someone WAY up, and it won't be for my 1 day training sessions that I'll be attending.  Fortunately, it's only about 7 hours for me from where I now reside.  However, I have had to get tested after going to these things, as someone in the group has ended up testing positive.  Ugh.  

The nurse that did my test so I could get the drugs said almost every person she has tested that was positive had recently traveled.

So far, this is just a really really bad cold. I think I might be getting better