Connect rear turn signals as daytime running lights/turn signals on motorcycle?

Blitz

I have a technical/electronic question that I think is pretty easy, but l’m just guessing. I know somebody here knows this stuff better than I do, so I was hoping to get a little guidance.

I bought a set of turn signals to replace my rear indicators because they interfere with my new saddle bag mounts. The turn signals I bought are 3-wire and can be used in the front with the 3rd wire to be used for daytime running lamps. They perform both functions, constant DRL lights which switch to amber when the turn signal is activated. They had 3 options for the constant running lights, white, red and blue. Since I’m using them in the back, I bought the red running lights/ amber signal and hoped to be able to use them as daytime red lights in the back as well as turn signals.

My existing OEM rear signals only have two wires. My question is, if I take the daytime running light wire on the new indicators to the hot constant running light for the brake light, these should be constant red when not signaling, right? I don’t want to run it to the brighter brake light wire, do I? Any advice? Or am I on the right track?

light diagram_ill-01.jpg

looks right to me. Depending on the bike some can sense resistance and will act like a bulb is out or other funny things. Some aftermarket signals are a bit underpowered in bright sunlight and have separate LEDs which you can run both  + wires to the signal harness as another option.