Post Memorial Day Gap Trip

Howabusa

Planning on taking a trip down to the Gap next week. Probably leave Tuesday and take a couple of days going down. Planning on camping, possibly staying a couple of nights at the Gap store campground.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Years ago I went across that on a 750 Honda Shadow by accident. It was quite the adventure.

I haven't been on it in years either, but from the article, it says they did some grade improvement with a fresh topping of crushed gravel.  Prolly be pretty good for just about anything until they get a gully-washer in the area and the stream bed crossings get washed out.  It's a pretty ride and worth a visit.

Left Robbinsville this morning around 9. Rode the Skyway and then hit the Dragon Slayer in Va. and Kentucky. Came out a left hand corner on the Dragon Slayer and there was a black bear with 2 cubs. 600 miles today, 1450 miles in 58 hours. Old guy my ass.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Left Robbinsville this morning around 9. Rode the Skyway and then hit the Dragon Slayer in Va. and Kentucky. Came out a left hand corner on the Dragon Slayer and there was a black bear with 2 cubs. 600 miles today, 1450 miles in 58 hours. Old guy my ass.

Nice youngin

• Upvote 1