Goldwing / F6B Rental in Central or SE Ohio?

Ron505

Hey guys,

I rode with a couple of wings over the weekend (sans rear tour pack?), and am getting closer to getting my wife to look at one with me.  She's always said they were old man bikes, and that I needed to wait until I was 50.  That was 3 years ago.  Now she says 60....lol.  It's all good.  Ultimately, I can do whatever, but would really prefer her blessing.  I've been trying to find a rental, but have been unsuccessful. 

Does anyone know where I could rent one for the weekend, or even a day?  I think if I could get her on the back of one, she'd be all in. 

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Ron

20220813_161752.jpg

20220813_161852.jpg

Ironpony used to, but no more.

Only places I know of fpr a rental are in Miami and Maryland. Your best bet is a demo ride at a dealership, which isn't easy these days.

Sills and Western Reserve in Cleveland will let you demo one. If they have one.

My wife was the same, old man's bike. Until I got her on one.

• Beer 1

I know.  I'd love to be able to ride both.  I'd like to find someone that has one getting dusty in the corner that would like to make a couple hundred bucks off of it.  

8 hours ago, Ron505 said:

I know.  I'd love to be able to ride both.  I'd like to find someone that has one getting dusty in the corner that would like to make a couple hundred bucks off of it.  

Meaning rent me one for the weekend, or a day.  If anyone knows of such a person, I would very much appreciate contact info.

Ron, Take your wife down to Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge for a weekend.  https://ironhorsenc.com/

And rent a gold wind and ride some great roads ans she will be sold on a new purchase with yearly visits to the NC/TN region for ride vacations.

They have two rental locations.  I rented a DR650 on my first Smokey Mountain 500 trip. Great People.

https://wolfcreekrentals.us/

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys.  We went to Iron Pony over the weekend and got to test ride a couple of Indians.  Roadmaster and Challenger.  We really enjoyed the Challenger, and there was definitely more room for my 6'2", 34" inseam.  That Challenger spoke to me.  But I do still want to give the Wing a try, even though the wife is totally against it.  She loves the Indians. 

She won.  And the first 200 mile ride yesterday made me happy that she won.  Got it used from a guy up in Meatchicken.  It came with about $9k in extras/accessories, including the tour pack, upgraded sound, passenger backrest with optional luggage rack, and lots of other upgrades/gadgets.  Loving this thing so far. 

2022-08-29_10-32-17.jpg

127605.jpeg

20220827_203100.jpg

2022-08-29_10-37-33.jpg