New shed any day.

Tonik

In my quest to be like @Howabusa I will shortly have a large dedicated shed for my Wing. It will be getting a nice interior with light and heat and tunes and pin up girls.

My question is flooring. It has a really thick wood floor, but I want to step it up. Something that will clean up well, and survive the centerstand decently.

I am thinking RaceDeck or GarageTrac, but wanted to ask those that have gone before me what they did.

9 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Why not marble or something else fancy but not slippery, with lots of overhead LED lighting to elevate the look of the Wing-shed??  😁

I am considering a large TV at the back. In the winter I can sit on the bike, make vroom vroom sounds and play videos of country roads on the screen.

Wing-shed? I am thinking Wing-Palace.

• Beer 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Starting to lean towards something like the below, then add some steel/aluminum plates under the centerstand area.

I second this idea.  I doubt you'll find anything in the way of attractive flooring that will stand up to the pressure of a 600# motorcycle sitting on the two inch square legs of steel.  The option you mentioned of using the 12" squares of garage tiles would be OK, but you'd prolly be faced with replacing the tiles under the center stand on a regular basis.

13 hours ago, Tonik said:

I am considering a large TV at the back. In the winter I can sit on the bike, make vroom vroom sounds and play videos of country roads on the screen.

Wing-shed? I am thinking Wing-Palace.

Let me know when I can stop by the Wing-Castle and admire your tiny home build specially for a motorcycle.  😁

On 8/17/2022 at 7:13 PM, Tonik said:

In my quest to be like @Howabusa I will shortly have a large dedicated shed for my Wing. It will be getting a nice interior with light and heat and tunes and pin up girls.

My question is flooring. It has a really thick wood floor, but I want to step it up. Something that will clean up well, and survive the centerstand decently.

I am thinking RaceDeck or GarageTrac, but wanted to ask those that have gone before me what they did.

Unfortunately my garage is not just for the bike. In winter weather it will house the wife’s car. As for the floor and center stand, my floor has some kind of grooved coating, plastic of some sort. I have a 2’ x 3’ sheet of stainless steel that I use under the center stand. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't get the plastic tiles. I have an unknown brand in my garage the PO put in and they suck. I haven't taken them out yet because I'm afraid to see what hellscape is underneath and all my $ are getting sunk in to this BBQ shack patio project to deal with it

Get the vinyl flooring stuff

Edited by Bad324

7 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

Every time I see this thread's title, this is what I think of. 

Why Do Snakes Shed Their Skin? Find Out Why & How It Works

Perfect!!!  Keeps the damn rodents out of the air box.  I'll take a 5 foot rat snake all day long over a mouse.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

That shed wide enough to spin a GW on it's axis?

Yes it is.

However, now that it is in place and I look at the topography I believe I will be able to easily back it in with reverse. It is not going to be uphill hardly at all.

The guys that built it were pretty amazing. It had to be built on site because of it's location. Yes they arrived with everything precut....but damn, 2 hours and they were done and gone.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Similar item at Harbor Freight $125

Much appreciated I will check it out 

Not going to decide what way to go until it is in there and I work on it a bit. Maybe a lift, maybe a chock or maybe nothing.

A lot depends on how backing in goes.

Painting this thing sucks. Took forever today just to put the first coat on the front trim. Because it was assembled on site paint was an extra 600 bucks. I think that is their 'we don't want to paint it on site price'.

I should have paid it.

16 hours ago, Tonik said:

Much appreciated I will check it out 

Not going to decide what way to go until it is in there and I work on it a bit. Maybe a lift, maybe a chock or maybe nothing.

A lot depends on how backing in goes.

Painting this thing sucks. Took forever today just to put the first coat on the front trim. Because it was assembled on site paint was an extra 600 bucks. I think that is their 'we don't want to paint it on site price'.

I should have paid it.

That their "you deal with the EPA regulations" price.