New shed any day.

Tonik

10 hours ago, Bubba said:

Nice!  You thinking of insulating so you can put a small space heater in there to keep the moisture at bey during the winter?

Tell me more about moisture in the winter, compared to a garage? Not giving you a hard time, you clearly know something I don't.

Insulated, temp controlled exhaust fan for the summer and a big screen tv are the current plans.

Edited by Tonik

12 hours ago, Tonik said:

Tell me more about moisture in the winter, compared to a garage.

Moisture is no more or less a problem in your outbuilding than it is in a garage.  Primarily happens when we come out of one of our winter cold spells in late winter/early spring and the temps rise--consequently the %RH (dew point, if you want) goes up--and the moisture condenses on anything cooler than the ambient air temperature, i.e., your bike surfaces sitting in a cold garage/shed.  Exact same thing happens when you open your freezer on a warm humid day.  If you have any kind of environmental control (heat/dehumidifier) to prevent this, not a problem, and you only have to either keep things just a bit warmer or a bit drier than ambient--doesn't have to be 70*F.  Only reason to insulate is if you plan to heat.  I usually drag my bikes into the basement where it's warmer and drier than my unheated garage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Moisture is no more or less a problem in your outbuilding than it is in a garage.  Primarily happens when we come out of one of our winter cold spells in late winter/early spring and the temps rise--consequently the %RH (dew point, if you want) goes up--and the moisture condenses on anything cooler than the ambient air temperature, i.e., your bike surfaces sitting in a cold garage/shed.  Exact same thing happens when you open your freezer on a warm humid day.  If you have any kind of environmental control (heat/dehumidifier) to prevent this, not a problem, and you only have to either keep things just a bit warmer or a bit drier than ambient--doesn't have to be 70*F.  Only reason to insulate is if you plan to heat.  I usually drag my bikes into the basement where it's warmer and drier than my unheated garage.

Appreciate it. I can probably beat some of that with the fan. It will kick in based on heat or humidity.

I will keep an eye on it. I can easily add a small space heater if it happens.

Insulating the ceiling to keep heat out. Insulating the walls because I will drywall it, so I might as well insulate it first.

Electrician picked today, they will start work tomorrow. May take a bit, I am having the main electrical box replaced because it is from a company that went out of business due to fires. That was not an upsell from the electrician, it was my request.

He said yes, I have replaced 5 or 6 of these that caught on fire.

57 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Looking fantastic and love your game plan with the whole thing.

If you like this electrician, can you give me their contact info because I need to find one to wire up my bbq shack once this pavilion is up

Mr. Electric in Independence. You can request by name. You want Chris.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Did you order remote  electric door openers though?

I am going to miss rolling in, tapping the horn and the wife hitting the button in the house for the garage.

I got android auto on the bike, I could text here as I get close I suppose.

I got a 10x10 section of the flooring left over if anyone wants it.

Decided to keep the extra in the rafters of the garage in case I mess up the shed... then I can patch it.

Edited by Tonik
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Idea,suggestion....build a workbench and attach it directly to the studs while they are still exposed.

Mount a good vise to the workbench, on the left if you're left-handed, on the right if you're right handed.

Edited by mello dude