The Goldwing Palace needs a...

Tonik

Be careful with that number 57 limestone. I threw that down last year for some base for a garage I plan to build in the future. When I park on it now after it rains, it makes a mess. Has a tendency to stick to car tires and shoes. It’s the small tiny pieces of it that stick. On the other hand, I have multiple drives I built out of crushed asphalt and it’s awesome. It’s solid as a rock and it has almost melted together as paved asphalt. It’s not the prettiest stuff but it’s really functional. 

7 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Yes. Pavers will eventually break up and look like shit. You're walking/riding a 900lb bike across them. 

No you are riding a 900 pound Wing. Mine is only 800.

• Haha 1

If you want to go with gravel, use some filter fabric and 304 aggregate for your base coarse.  You can top it with 57s, so you don't track the 304 onto your driveway when it's wet.  304 aggregate is what we use for roadway bases, and it tightens up well. 

On 3/27/2023 at 7:40 PM, Tonik said:

Paver dude will be here tomorrow.

Dude never showed up. WTF is wrong with people. You call them, say come take my money and they can't be bothered to actually take it.

• 1 month later...

contractors are annoying these days. I went with stamped concrete instead of pavers because of cost and durability and still looks like pavers. 

I only regret letting my wife talk me in to a textured stamp that collects water and dirt in spots

If you do end up using stone, go with #11 limestone for your top layer.  It packs down really well for riding bikes on it.  That's what I have.  Depending on the subsurface, you could go #2's if it gets soft, or the 304's if it's fairly firm as previously mentioned.

#11 limestone

image.png.69b783a782d4fbfca77aeb487a67bf9c.png