Need a trailer for a car.

Tonik

Ok, so the kid wants a trailer for the DeLorean. I view the requirements as below:

1) Low deck and a long ramp. The DeLorean has low ground clearence.

2) Need to measure and figure out width. The doors swing up, but still out quit a bit.

3) Enclosed. Rain, even the wind, will destroy the fancy bolt on B2TF stuff on a long haul.

What else am I missing that it needs? Money is pretty much no object.

Where do I look, custom....dealers around Cleveland/Akron that you folks may know of?

37 minutes ago, durk said:

I actually use the trailer’s jack to raise my trailer in the front to lower the ramp on my open trailer. 

That is a good idea too.

Surprised the car peeps are not speaking up. I would think they would be all about trailers.

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

How do you get out of the car? 

The side panels are removable. This car has to go into an enclosed trailer. It can't travel in the wind and God forbid it rains. So it needs removable sides or it has to be wide enough to get the door open.

Please refer to the first post where the requirements for this trailer are listed.

Edited by Tonik

1 hour ago, durk said:

You said money was of no concern. What’s the hold up on this?

Just found it a few hours ago. Need to make sure there isn't a more expensive option available 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tonik said:

Surprised the car peeps are not speaking up. I would think they would be all about trailers.

We drive our cars. They aren't trailer queens. 

...mine also isn't worth buying a trailer for and TBH being over 19 feet long I don't even want to think about the cost of an enclosed trailer for it. lol

Edited by Otis Nice
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, Tonik said:

That is a good idea too.

:lol:Is this car even worth a trailer?!?

32 minutes ago, durk said:

Where are the pictures of this car? I like cars too. 

image.jpeg.f977805fa16f74e9498e48d07755fc8d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d1ade3e1f7c5cc73aa5be37869281387.jpeg

image.jpeg.d7163f2996ba5763d13f35f399dbe4ac.jpeg

image.jpeg.a49a8e98da757ec09fa27dd5850f1541.jpeg

image.jpeg.e39f9d5dfbb98e5c0ac2e0110c31db95.jpeg

Walk around video, the music is coming from the car. The front trunk is full of special effects gizmos for when it is parked. The flux capacitor is upside down in the video, we fixed that right away.

• Upvote 1

New frame underneath, new upgraded suspension all around. 4 wheel disk brakes and the engine has been converted to fuel injection. 88 mph is no problem in this car now, at all.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2023 at 4:11 PM, Tonik said:

This car has to go into an enclosed trailer. It can't travel in the wind and God forbid it rains.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

4 wheel disk brakes and the engine has been converted to fuel injection. 88 mph is no problem in this car now, at all.

You mean as long as it's in an enclosed trailer?  You know, so the "optional equipment" doesn't fall off.... 😕

• Haha 3