Need a trailer for a car.

Tonik

On 5/3/2023 at 1:24 PM, Pauly said:

No. That car has more invested into it than your house. Cool points don't translate to KBB. 

You are not the target market for this car when it comes time to sell it.

We tried to buy one at an auction. No where near as nice as this one. It hammered at 225k.

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have searched high and low for a nice car hauler. Ended up with the conclusion that a good one doesn't exist. You will find great features here and there but no one puts them all together in one unit.

A platform that extends from the trailer such as on a stacker that would allow you to secure the vehicle onto the platform then slide the platform into the enclosure un-manned is the closest thought I can come up with for an ideal trailer.

Trailers you can drive in rarely give you the ability to open the vehicles door to get out, especially if it's a low ground clearance vehicle. There are trailers that have nice doors on the drivers side that allow a large portion of the side to open but they still don't allow access for a good tie-down solution. I like to use the tires as a tie-down point so that the vehicle still rides on it's own suspension which means that you need access to all four tires with the ability to secure the tie-downs to a floor track. I couldn't find anything enclosed that could give me everything I was looking for.

Other must haves, seamless 0.040 siding, V-nose, 15" minimum wheels with brakes on both axles, large RV style side door, all aluminum chassis, stainless hardware, interior lights, winch mount if not an included winch, led lights, spare tire and more that I can't think of writing this.

Good luck finding something that you are satisfied with the compromises that need to be made. Post up if you find the holy grail I'm interested too.

• Beer 1

Presume you've checked out Racingjunkdotcom already.  Lots of shiny new and used high end shit.  Bring your wallet and a freakin' F650 or bigger to pull these monsters!  I took the liberty of picking out a "nice one" for you....unless @Tonik jumps on it first.  😂

https://www.racingjunk.com/stacker-trailers/184432015/custom-2020-intech-stacker-triple-axle-7000-32-.html?category_id=5706&np_offset=1#27

Late to the conversation....if you are in the Millersburg area (Holmes Co.), try Gingerich trailers on SR 39 between MLBG and Berlin. Open and enclosed trlrs. No dbl deckers, however. They have a good selection (rent or buy).

I have rented a mc enclosed trlr on occasion.

Edited by Unk Greg

• 3 weeks later...