Rear Turn Signal Re-location on a Shadow Aero 750

DGTL GRL

Greetings fellow Onion Rings..errr Ohio Riders,

I am looking into relocating the rear turn signals on my 2005 Shadow Aero 750. The signals are in the way and until this occurs having any saddlebags fit properly just won't happen.

I could have my hubby do it but I don't want to hate him if he screws it up.

Is there anyone able to do this for a reasonable price while doing a nice job?

I'd like to keep things looking streamline and I'm pretty particular. At least I'm honest right??

Here's a pic of the current back end currently.

P70505977509.jpg

My bike is the two-toned on the right.

Most people relocate the turn signals to bracket that holds the license plate right beside the reflectors.

All I know is the hubby doesn't have much time for things like this and I am sick of wearing a backpack anytime I have to go to the store. Especially since I have a new set of Saddlemen bags sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Thanks in advance!

-Christina AKA DGTL GRL

Edited by DGTL GRL

Is there anyone able to do this for a reasonable price while doing a nice job?

Piece of cake - I'll do it for the cost of materials and a cold beer for the labor. I prolly have the materials lying around teh shop - so that won't cost much either. The beer will probably cost the most.

I can also powdercoat it any color you want.

Let me know if you want some help.

Eric

Only been riding a month. I don't know if I can go all the way to Indy.

I am interested in having the wheels powdercoated though. Awful looking since the last owner didn't take care of her.

I can make the part here and just mail it to you- should be easy enough to put on the bike with some simple hand tools. Only hard part would be running longer wires to the signals, but that's not too tough to do.

Edited by Earache

I can make the part here and just mail it to you- should be easy enough to put on the bike with some simple hand tools. Only hard part would be running longer wires to the signals, but that's not too tough to do.

that would be cool. i could prob help out with the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the mount that was suggested. I went in for a oil change today at Honda Marysville Motorsports... not like it couldnt of been done here but I wanted to also find out how much they want to relocate those turn signals for me. My hubby doesnt have time to do it.

They told me it would take 2 hours to do since they have to remove the fender and re-route the wiring.

I said no way hosea! Especially since it was over $80 an hour. Yeah, no thnx.

The hubby said via text message that maybe he can do them on Saturday.

I'm hoping.

If not I'm doomed to wear an Adidas backpack around forever and have saddle bags just sitting inside my garage instead of on my bike.

My neighbors are throwing a huge party this weekend. (If you're in Marysville/Dublin area or wherever.. and want to come you are more then welcome. They welcome anyone. They call it Shimmy Fest. Starts tonight but the main night is TOMORROW. You can totally crash out at my house or if you bring a tent you can stay in their or our yard. Lots of bikes!!)

Well anyway, one of their parents came in last night who rides a HD. He recently relocated his turn signals.

My neighbor mentioned to him that I was looking to have that my signals relocated and my neighbors dad is working on it right now!

As we speak they are wrenching away on my bike. The fender is already off and the wiring is in process.

Really wish I would of seen the LED integrated brake and turn signal light.. I will totally have to do that in the future.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have been officially relocated! Looks good! Why in the world Honda didn't put them down there in the first place I'll never know. Official cost? Materials. No cost for labor.

For real, where's the pics of the finished job?? And why did you not show up to Hooters tonight like you said you were gonna??? ;)

• 9 years later...
On 8/9/2009 at 10:57 PM, DGTL GRL said:

Sorry to keep you all in suspense. :)

before

P70505977509.jpg

I haven't had any time to take pics until today at the Meet and Greet.

picture.php?albumid=615&pictureid=6413

picture.php?albumid=615&pictureid=6414

Hi DGTL GRL, I know its been a while... I'm trying to do this same project and would help to see what it looks like completed. The 'after' pics you posted appear to have broken links. Are you able to upload new ones? Thanks!

• 2 years later...
On 6/24/2019 at 4:45 AM, Schum said:

Hi DGTL GRL, I know its been a while... I'm trying to do this same project and would help to see what it looks like completed. The 'after' pics you posted appear to have broken links. Are you able to upload new ones? Thanks!

From the looks that was long ago that she posted as your post was to me wil hope someone else will comment to me in the future this is somewhat like a time capsule waiting to be found by a future view they will be on conquest to find the age old question of why did Honda put the turn signals in the location they did and how to relocate them